Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Heard What Billy Boat is Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Heard What Billy Boat is Doing?

I miss the guy being in the races. Just curious as to what he's been up to.

He's sitting here in Phoenix running B&B Exhaust right now. Probably doing Quarterly Reports.
    Last edited by jetdoc; 08-06-2003, 10:40 AM.
    But that's just my opinion!

Comment

My guess would be that he's been screwed six ways from Sunday by a former employer, and he's probably a tad cautious.

I did like that Curb team, however.

Comment

I likewise miss Boat and hope he can get something together for next season.
        16th and Georgetown, the greatest place on EARTH!!!

Comment

Legends cars
          I've got sources. I used to know a T-Shirt vendor at the Phoenix track.

Comment

Originally posted by jetdoc
            He's sitting here in Phoenix running B&B Exhaust right now. There's been ONE team contact him and offered him a ride as a "second car" for the team and he turned it down. That in and of itself could hurt his chances of driving for any team other than his OWN.

If he'd give up his demand of CONTROL over the money coming to his team, he'd have a better chance but he won't.
            Doc, Was this a team that is already a two-car team or one that would add a car for Billy? Was it contingent on Billy's bringing sponsor money he might have lined up? What kind on engine would it have?
            Either way, I wish him good luck and want to see him back racing in the IRL asap.
            "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

Originally posted by indymotors
              Legends cars
              I can't wait until next season for the "Legends Cars". Sam, Ed and Billy so far! Man that'll be a good series to watch next year

Comment

Soothing his ego?

Comment

Originally posted by $noopy
                  Doc, Was this a team that is already a two-car team or one that would add a car for Billy? Was it contingent on Billy's bringing sponsor money he might have lined up? What kind on engine would it have?
                  Either way, I wish him good luck and want to see him back racing in the IRL asap.
                  Answers in order for you $noopy:

1) would add
                  2) NO, it had nothing to do with HIM bringing sponsorship.
                  3) a crappy one temporarily

We probably won't see Billy for the rest of the year. However, next year when more equipment comes available and sponsorship opportunities improve I think we'll see him in his OWN car next year again. Billy's in a position to where he wants to have/run his OWN team. He wants to stay closer to home due to the kids and therefore will keep his 13,000 sq' race shop (that he just built) and will KEEP his team in Phoenix. Up until this LAST race, Beardsley was using the shop. Now he has no car so I'm assuming the shop's empty.

Comment

Originally posted by jetdoc
                    However, next year when more equipment comes available and sponsorship opportunities improve I think we'll see him in his OWN car next year again.
                    Wow! Now that's irony.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaderCardFan
                      Wow! Now that's irony.

Comment

I hope Billy Boat makes it back next year. Just over a year ago he was taking poles and leading races in the League.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy
                          I hope Billy Boat makes it back next year. Just over a year ago he was taking poles and leading races in the League.
                          Not to mention that he won twice at
                          Texas

Comment

I had heard that Billy had a sponsor lined up but lost the deal because all he could get was a Chevy.

The plan had been to use a Toyota built by an existing IRL engine rebuilder to whom Toyota refused to deal with.
                            http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch
                              The plan had been to use a Toyota built by an existing IRL engine rebuilder to whom Toyota refused to deal with.
                              I would be extremely interested in discussing the specific details of that thought. Please elaborate, and be specific. The devil is in the details.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X