Barron Crash at Gateway ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barron Crash at Gateway ???

Anyone have the scoop on how Barron crashed during testing at Gateway? Driver error, cut tire, engine failure?

ALEX BARRON (No. 21 Hollywood Mo Nunn Racing Panoz G Force/Toyota/ Firestone): "What a week and a half it's been. We won a very dramatic race at Michigan, which was one of the highlights of my racing life. And then we went to Gateway for what overall was a very productive test session, except for the fact that I crashed my car at the end of the day. Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse. I felt really bad for all the guys, because they worked so hard to make us competitive at both Nashville and Michigan, and things were going so well at the test.

What little I know . . .

. . . I read on the IRL website. Alex said the car just wouldn't turn and he crashed in T4, which is the wider of the track. I think it was pretty significant wreck and someone else said it may force either Alex or Tora to use a non-raced Dallara chassis for Gateway. Nunn's team has had several wrecks this year and is running short on cars.

Comment

confusing

I meant to write that T4 is at the wider end of the track.

Comment

Well, that does it for Barron, Mo runs a tight ship and he has to eat the wreckage, he does not like crashes. There have already been rumors going around that Mo would return to whoever replaces CART if he could find someone to pay the freight. He would rather replace a "corner," a nose and a wing or two a week then three chassis in a season, even if he doesn't win. In a way I don't blame him, but I can't see where he would be happy to return to mid-pack

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
          Mo...does not like crashes.
          Then he should've never, ever, ever hired Tora.

Comment

I think, in Tora's case, Toyota eats the carnage, but I think he has only "done" one, maybe not even that. Tora has been a plesant surprise.

OBTW, I knew Mo had a Dallara, I wondered what happened to it. Should he run it at Gateway it will be interesting, Mo knows ovals, the tougher they are the better he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
              I think, in Tora's case, Toyota eats the carnage, but I think he has only "done" one, maybe not even that. Tora has been a plesant surprise.

OBTW, I knew Mo had a Dallara, I wondered what happened to it. Should he run it at Gateway it will be interesting, Mo knows ovals, the tougher they are the better he does.
              I don't know what became of the TX tub, but one race after that (maybe Nashville) he destroyed a tub in practice. I can't remember how the beginning of the season went. Did he have a problem at Phoenix or Motegi?

jmart

Comment

tora tora one up at richmond, went to a back up for the race.

Comment

Originally posted by jmart
                  I don't know what became of the TX tub, but one race after that (maybe Nashville) he destroyed a tub in practice. I can't remember how the beginning of the season went. Did he have a problem at Phoenix or Motegi?

jmart
                  His problem at PHX IIRC was Gil getting a little anxious on lap one turn two.
                  Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X