Gateway Race - St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateway Race - St. Louis

* they do allow small coolers... (no glass)

* temps are supposed to be only in the mid to upper 80's (that's great for August in St. Louis)

* the Cardinals are in town (Atlanta)

* a pretty good dirt late model race about 45 min. from Gateway Saturday night (I-55, Kenny Schrader's track)

* many great Italtian joints on "The Hill" (Cunetto's my pick)

* downtown it's Charle Gitto's

* as of 8/5, a friend in the office says that the race is still very much on for '04. Gateway is no Kentucky or Chicago, but I still hope it stays on the schedule.
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Like I said when I was talking to my friend yesterday concerning credentials, they didn't say anything about...and I really think they would have.

If we are talking about the day Foyt IV tested a few weeks agi, that was probably the hottest day in St. Louis this summer. This stuff about the weeper/fixes causing tire cuts is the first I've heard of it.
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

ooops, I see that Jewls already has a post on the track problem so I nuked mine.
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Although the Cardinals are in town, I think they are slated to be the ESPN Sunday Night game, so it would not take away from the Gateway 250. I wondered about that before I looked at a Cardinal schedule. Not a good thing to go head to head with Cardinal baseball.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X