"The Truth" tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Truth" tonight

hinted at Sam having a Cosworth at Gateway this weekend.

a possibility?

or consider the source?

could the desire to keep Sam happy provide the inspiration to prod Ford into supplying two teams?
    "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

The irony of the words "the truth" and another in a long line or RM contortions in the same thread is too much to pass up. I will bite.

I will take a risk here and say :

Another "consider the source" situation.

I don't think Panther needs the new engine to run with the big boys this weekend.

Comment

I liked the bit where they said (summarizing) that while they understood the basic sentiments of the CW folks and agreed with the basic stuff, the CW folks went "too far".

Scoggan had a catchy line I can't recall.
      http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wasn't there a thread here that hinted at that?

I only heard a little bit of the show.

Read some e-mail that sounded awful familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Grover

I believe you are correct - this was refuted directly by Panther . . .

Comment

Re: "The Truth" tonight

Originally posted by Railbird
            hinted at Sam having a Cosworth at Gateway this weekend.

a possibility?

or consider the source?

could the desire to keep Sam happy provide the inspiration to prod Ford into supplying two teams?
            Explain please??? I'll have to admit that I rarely pay attention to many details these days. I thought that Hornish had the new Chevy (nee Cosworth) at MIS? What did I miss?

Comment

There have been hints and rumors that the second Chord (for Sam) is in the works for about a week now. If that were to happen I will be very disappointed, disgusted and dismayed. In fact IndyCar may lose me, the key word here is may. I will be open minded enough to listen to the spin/reason, but I will be hard to convince. I have been with IndyCar all along on there justification/thinking, I had been an all or none person, but I supported the Sam only roll out at Michigan, only because in the next race, Gateway, Sam would be back with the slug and there would be an "open race" (points) for who gets the Chord. The way I understood it , that was the series thinking, nothing about availability, that the highest in points got the Chord in week one, second highest the next. I said last week in a comment about NASCAR that I didn't watch many races because I don't like my racing manipulated and contrived. That would be the case if Sam were to get a Chord at Gateway, and I would be mad enough to tune out.

This could be just more CARTisan crap, Robin Wrong wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the butt, or care either. Since when has the truth got in the way of his anti Tony George rants.

We should be asking, "does 'The Truth' support lies?" My answer would be, only when it comes from Robin Miller's mouth and involves Tony George!

Comment

Originally posted by Grover

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...threadid=31118

Comment

WHY is this on the IRL board?

Comment

This is on the IRL board because people have a need to whine and complain instead of simply enjoying the best racing on the planet. Robin Miller is not a C^RT apologist and I don't think he REALLY has it in for the IRL. He likes NOTHING. I listened to that show ("The Truth" on WXLW-ESPN 950) last night for the first hour while my son was having football practice and it was a joke. Scoggan and Baker were cracking on Miller, wondering what he would dislike next. He's like that little boy, "Mikey" in the old Life Cereal commercial who hates everything. However, in Robin Miller's version of the commercial, he tastes the cereal and really does hate it. Then he spits it out all over the place and writes an 8,000 word diatribe on WHY he hates it. Sure, he's somewhat well informed and has a few good sources here and there, but I really wish he'd just give up on racing and take up another sport--like the WNBA or something.

Just watch the races, people. Enjoy them with a friend. There are more important things to get really worked up over.

"Can't we all just get along?"
                    --Rodney King

"Life is very important to Americans."
                    --Bob Dole, former U.S. Senator

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
                    - Britney Spears
                    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Media Boy
                      Sure, he's somewhat well informed....

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
                      - Britney Spears
                      So are many of us.....perhaps we should write opinion pieces for ESPN?

And I never knew that Britney was so.........deep.

Comment

Look, my point is that the IRL is about as good as it gets. And I read TF because there are so many informed people that contribute to it--whether it be information or opinions. I was upset at Robin Miller more than anything else (I know I'm certainly not the first to go off on him in this forum). It's not like he's singling out the IRL, he's just a bitter old man.

"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them."
                        - George H. W. Bush, former U.S. President
                        BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Somewhere...somewhere and I can't remember where...local St. Louis TV, or Sports radio...mabye it was ESPN radio...I know I heard that Buddy Rice AND Sam would have the Cosworth this weekend.
                          "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

Sam is not going to have the new chevy at gateway, end of discussion. Can we not talk about anything that isn't total BS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 220mph
                              I believe you are correct - this was refuted directly by Panther . . .
                              Caller to Panther racing: "Dear Mr. Barnes, are the allegations true that you are cheating?"

Barnes: "Absolutely not!!"

Caller to panther racing concludes that Panther racing is acting 100% above board and within the rules , that's investigative journalism at its best!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X