Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truly excellent commentary on the IRL

Article from an original IRL supporter
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

This article was taken from his show Hot Air errr I mean wind tunnel. Ole Dave is sure full of himself lately isn't he?
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

I guess I have mixed feelings on this subject. IndyCar --- Ovals only or a mix. I guess it really doesn't matter to me, as long as the ovals are the dominant portion of the series. A few road races like NASCAR is fine, like exhibition rounds, but you should be able to win the series title by dominating on ovals and doing somewhat poorly on the road courses.

Maybe the road races should be exhibition races, just for the fun/money. No points, no fees. Just show up and race.
      The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

once again RR has it right. i think Dave's questions are all worth asking. i daresay there are a good number of windtunnel viewers, maybe even some who actually have responsibility in the IRL. if he didn't ask them, who on that channel would?

Comment

Re: Truly excellent commentary on the IRL

Originally posted by Racewriter
          Truly excellent commentary on the IRL
          I can see why you'd think so.

I don't think it's that excellent. Just a re-hash of ideas others also share. A truly excellent article would bring out new ideas or at least a different perspective. It was a good article, even though I don't share his opinions.
          He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

I can't believe everyone getting so excited about sprinkling in some non-ovals! A few quick thoughts:
            1) Some can actually be exciting - the Cleveland race was one of the best pre-split races going, with the wide turns, and different lines.
            2) CART WAY over did it with road courses. Houston? Belle Island? Miami? Awful - nearly criminal - horrible racing. It seems no one in CART could see what was happening.
            3) Tony George was against the emphasis on road/street courses back in '95. Since he's in charge, I don't think we're in any danger going back to what we all hated.
            4) Sorry Dave, but a few select road courses can be very beneficial; however, like vitamins, too many are bad.

Relax - the way the IRL has been so far, I have no doubt that even a road circuit will sure to be exciting.

Comment

Dave's assuming the IRL was more than just a power struggle.
              http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Why did Mr. Despain ask Mr. George a bunch of questions in an article? Why didn't he just ask Mr. George? I'm sure he has the number.
                "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
                -John Morley

Comment

Hit the nail square on the head.

Dizz Fan
                  "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

My Opinion about Dave "DePlane - DePlane". . . courtesy of Penn & Teller

Comment

Hmmm - a picture really IS worth a thousand words . . .

Click here !

Comment

Originally posted by Dizz Fan
                        Hit the nail square on the head.

Dizz Fan

Comment

It was excellent commentary in that I was able to disagree with the writer's main point, the League going rr, yet still respect his outlook and even agree with some of his points.
                          If the League is going rr then I hope it is just that- rr. Please no street courses, except maybe Long Beach.
                          If the League is going rr then F1 has to be the target otherwise we are just wasting time on the exercise. That doesn't mean the League should become F1 - it will need to fight F1 by offering something diffrent from F1. I guess the League has until 2007, (?) when all the mess hits the fan in F1 with the Concorde. The League already has 3 F1 suppliers in their camp. Maybe somebody like a Nigel Mansell shows up...the League could go supernova pretty quick.
                          Put on a better product on the ovals than NASCAR, a better product on the rr than F1, and you could be king of the world.

Comment

Short, sweet, to the point, and I happen to agree with him.
                            "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
                            With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

So, do these guys all get their story ideas from Trackforum?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X