Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All emotions aside, Where will Hornish go in '04?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All emotions aside, Where will Hornish go in '04?

We all have our hopes/feelings/beliefs about this, but let's put all those aside and put it to a poll. (that I hope works - hasn't in the past)

I'm putting my money on the status quo. GM wants him, Panther wants him, and they're working hard to keep him.

But that's just me.
    IRL - Stay with Panther
    73.20%
    IRL - Some other team (AGR/Penske/Ganassi)
    13.07%
    NASCAR - Ganassi? (according to latest rumor)
    13.73%
    - Make a note of the word 'Gobbly-gook'. I like it and I want to use it more often in conversation.
    --Yes, sir.

I think he'll stay at Panther and I think Kentucky would be a great day to announce it.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Even with everything that has been tossed around on TF I still see no reason for him to leave where he is. I don't think he wants the NASCAR schedule and he is on one of the top 4 teams maybe even the #1 team why go?
      sa

Comment

Legends cars
        I've got sources. I used to know a T-Shirt vendor at the Phoenix track.

Comment

I think he'll stay with Panther.
          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Penzoil Panther next year with Boat as his teamate...

OH!!! you said NO emotion...

Penzoil Panther next year.

Dizz Fan
            "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

I honestly believe that Sam will stay where he is at, but beliefs are made to be broken...
              "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
              With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

As much as it pains me, I'm afraid Panther will lose Hornish and will wallow midpack for a year before folding. I hope like heck I'm wrong.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Even without Kevin Blanch(sp?) I think Hornish will stay with Panther.

Comment

Originally posted by grogg
                    Even without Kevin Blanch(sp?) I think Hornish will stay with Panther.
                    Obviously the loss of Blanch hasn't hurt them much if at all. That team's LOADED with talent. Sure losing Kevin was a blow but they've got like 3 "Lead Mechanics" that could step into that position in a heartbeat and not miss a step. There's only ONE other team in the league that I know of that has that luxury and that's Penske. Panther's been "grooming" people to move up in that organization for quite awhile and they're STRONG! That's why you don't see much attrition at Panther. They get a job with Panther, they STAY! Several of those guys have been with them for years now.
                    But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Word on the street months ago was that Penske wanted him. If Penske wants him, he should go to Penske. It is the best run team in the history of the sport.

Panther has been great for Sam, but Penske is on a different level. Indy three years in a row should say something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan_Weber
                        Word on the street months ago was that Penske wanted him. If Penske wants him, he should go to Penske. It is the best run team in the history of the sport.

For that exact reason I hope he stays with Panther and fights Penske tooth and nail.

I don't dislike Penske, in fact I have a lot of respect for his team and their accomplishments.

It's just no fun having the Yankees win the World Series all the time without someone making them work really, really hard for it and at times taking it from them.

And you need that type of rivalry to promote the league.

Where would the NFL be if you didn't have Dallas vs SF, Dallas vs Washington, Denver vs Oakland, GB vs anybody ?
                        I'm talking high banks man. Texas - 24 degrees. - Kenny Brack

Comment

...I'm guessing he'll stay with Panther.

But looking at the 'big-picture', more importantly he'll remain in INDYCARS, for now and the foreseeable future.
                          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Penske said his team will be a 2-car team with Helio Castroneves & Gil de Ferran in 04 . Pennzoil is not sponsoring the DEI NASCAR # 1 car after this season. AND...with its debut two weeks ago (the Cosworth Chevy G4) at Michigan, I think Sam would be nuts to leave his current situation at Panther.

IF something opens at Penske in the near future, then by all means go for it, but right now Panther is the best option!...
                            "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

I don't know about Sam, but I know that I would not want to go to Penske and be the third team. Even though that would be at Penske. I really believe that right now Panther is just as good as Penske.
                              I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X