Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi O/T - IRL Team Sponsor's Whse on Fire

19,000 Barrels of JB up in flames!

somehow I don't see the AGR cars sporting flame paint schemes at Gateway .

​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Yeah, I saw the report and was concerned that it was the plant here in town. The Wild Turkey fire they mention dumped a whole lot of burning whiskey into the Kentucky River, upriver from here. Killed a bunch of fish, and made our water taste funny that Summer. Smelled funny, too. We all smelled like drunks.

There was a fire at Heaven Hill, also in Bardstown, about 6 or 7 years ago, that burned up a large percentage of the World's stored bourbon supply.

I think at least one of those other fires was weather-related, but I forget which one.
      One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

CNN underscored their coverage of the Jim Beam fire with the graphic "Oh the Humanity!!"

I guess that was funny.

Gus Levy
        www.nitronic.com/burningmotorhome
        Gus Levy
        Life Of William Davis Montgomery

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStang
          Yeah, I saw the report and was concerned that it was the plant here in town. The Wild Turkey fire they mention dumped a whole lot of burning whiskey into the Kentucky River, upriver from here. Killed a bunch of fish, and made our water taste funny that Summer. Smelled funny, too. We all smelled like drunks.

There was a fire at Heaven Hill, also in Bardstown, about 6 or 7 years ago, that burned up a large percentage of the World's stored bourbon supply.

I think at least one of those other fires was weather-related, but I forget which one.
          AAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
          Distilleries ABLAZE say it aint so! Blue why aint you out there with a garden hose! For the children MAN, wait the heck with the nippers, for ME man, for ME!

Paramount Secretary: "And then I told him, Mr Fields you'll drown in a vat of Whiskey!"

W.C. Fields: "Oh Death Where Is Thy Sting":mad:
          "I'm a Rodeo-de-oh-deo-deo-de-Cowboy borderin on the Insane"

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't lead a hortaculture"

"When The Going Get's Wierd, The Wierd Turn Pro"

Comment

It wasn't the plant here in town, but one a few counties over. My hose would not reach that far, or I'd have tried.
            One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStang
              It wasn't the plant here in town, but one a few counties over. My hose would not reach that far, or I'd have tried.
              Would have replied sooner but been outside trying to stretch mine from Plano

Comment

Apparently, they have a police officer right outside, so don't get any ideas...
                He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Y'know, if they would've used Johns Manville Formaldehyde-Free Insulation in that there warehouse, maybe it WOULDN'T have gone up like a
                  College Bonfire in the Fall....

That's for my buddy John "His Irish Eyes are Smilin' " O'Reilly...

Comment

Originally posted by PenskeGirl3
                    Y'know, if they would've used Johns Manville Formaldehyde-Free Insulation in that there warehouse, maybe it WOULDN'T have gone up like a
                    College Bonfire in the Fall....

That's for my buddy John "His Irish Eyes are Smilin' " O'Reilly...
                    Oh stop taunting me, can't you see I'm mourning here!!!!!!!!!
                    OMG I just now looked at the Link, as Col Kurtz in Apocalypse Now stated "The Horror,..........The Horror"
                    Disaster Relief Immediately, I wonder if the Fed can declare my house a disaster area, just because I live a time zone away should have nothing to do with it! jandj muster your Va. Texas Brigade we are marching on Kentucky! Oh Woe, nearly 40K barrels of bourbon dead before thier time. Wonder if Tony's involved? Or is this a devious Pook scheme using double agents, and sleepers to deprive me of my occasional dram of corn?
                    Last edited by DedFlrs; 08-05-2003, 11:44 PM.

Comment

How many "capfulls" is 19,000 barrels? I hope this doesn't affect our supply for May.

Alleycat, Jewls, Trow, you know what I'm talking about.
                      i WAKE UP FOR MAY!

Comment

Originally posted by R_Mears_Fan
                        Apparently, they have a police officer right outside, so don't get any ideas...
                        Reminds me of the time a semi loaded with Budweiser wrecked on the highway and scattered cans and bottles over a fairly wide area. People were stopping and hauling off as much beer as they could. A state trooper kept chasing people away but as soon as he would run them off in one direction they would move in at another spot. The trooper finally gave up after he discovered the impossiblity of his task. You just plain can't seperate a beer drinker from free beer.

Comment

It was 2% of the inventory.
                          www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

If they priced that stuff like gas, the price would have gone through the roof regardless of the supply percentage. Can you say gouge (gou-ouch). Fricking gas went up $.22 the other day on not much more thatn some whim. Weird how the gas in the ground that has already been bought, refined and delivered is impacted by something happening now.

Comment

Reading about all these "hoses" that posters are talking about stretching has me wondering.

Are they trying to spray or trying to siphon?

jcr

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X