Hamilton wants an IRL test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton wants an IRL test

Accoding to the Indy Star, Davey feels like he's ready to test an IRL car and try for a full-time ride in 2003.

Question is: with who and how good a shot will he have?
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

If I were Davey, Id save the waste of time,
    go sign up Troy Regier, and put him in an IPS car for a year, then move to the IRL.

After that crash I dont think **** be any good anymore,
    heck he wasnt that great before the hit.

He just drove to finish in the top 5.

Never was a hard charger for a win.

Comment

I'd like to see him get a shot like Ward got this year. Ever since he left Foyt, hes been in underfunded, half-hearted rides.
      Preserving America's oval track tradition:
      1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Davey is currently in a wheel chair for another week or two for his latest surgery. However, he has tested in a Silver Crown Car and done well. He definitely plans to return to the IRL and some may be surprised where he lands if things work out. There are also plans to test in one of his Supermodifieds soon and he may run a sprint car in the expanded Turkey Night Program at Irwindale this year. As to the the statement that he never had it, You don't nearly win the championship twice when you don't have it. If you want to see who has it, put them in sidewinder on a tight 3/8 mile 2with 850 horsepower hanging out in left field and then race it against 20 similar cars, and you'll see who's got it.
        A good race driver, given adequate seat time, can drive any well prepared racecar on any track surface or configuration at competitive speeds. Remember, I said a GOOD race driver!!!

Comment

Being a life-long supermodified fan, Davey was the reason I tuned into Indy-Cars again.
          I have really strong mixed feelings about his returning after the accident.
          I'll support whatever he can do but wouldn't be too upset if he counted his blessings and hung-up the helmet.
          carl s
          Indio, CA
          And as Dreyerfan suggested, running an IPS team and putting guys like Troy Regier behind the wheel would be another major contribution to our sport.
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyerfan:
            <STRONG>

heck he wasnt that great before the hit.

He just drove to finish in the top 5.

Never was a hard charger for a win.</STRONG>

Uhhhh...

He never did win consistantly like Robbie Buhl, did he.

Dizz Fan

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: Dizz Fan ]
            Greatest Spectacle in Racing :nod:

Comment

Buhl 2 Hamilton 0

Buhl drove with less than stellar stuff until 2000.

Heck Menard was calling the shots for him at
              one time and he sat him out for a couple races, just cause MENARD was gettin his hiney waxed.

After he quit Menard he drove for Sinden and
              TRI Star Motorsports.

Not great stuff there either.

Id say Robbie Buhl is and always has been the better driver.

Comment

We sure missed you, Eric!
                Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

I really hope he gets a ride. It would be great if Schmidt would have a seat for him.
                  "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Originally posted by cmjc80:
                    <STRONG>I'd like to see him get a shot like Ward got this year. Ever since he left Foyt, hes been in underfunded, half-hearted rides.</STRONG>
                    Isn't Davy Hamilton the only Foyt IRL driver who's never won an IRL race? Brack, Ray, Boat, Sharp, Ward, Salazar, Dare have all won races, even if not for AJ.

Why would Hamilton be a hot commodity? It seems the only teams that would be interested would be underfunded teams who could not afford a top driver.
                    If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

Manson: We sure missed you, Eric!

Maybe Davey will be with Hemelgarn and Lazier and Coors Light will go to Ganassi?!?!
                      http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

<STRONG>Buhl drove with less than stellar stuff until 2000.</STRONG>
                        There goes credibility flying right out the window.

Center Grove Trojans
                        2008 5A Football State Champs
                        2015 6A Football State Champs
                        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

<STRONG>Buhl 2 Hamilton 0

Buhl drove with less than stellar stuff until 2000.

Heck Menard was calling the shots for him at
                          one time and he sat him out for a couple races, just cause MENARD was gettin his hiney waxed.

After he quit Menard he drove for Sinden and
                          TRI Star Motorsports.

Not great stuff there either.

Id say Robbie Buhl is and always has been the better driver.</STRONG>
                          Drivin' the Menard equipment in 97-98 was a nice hand up. Let check the average finsih, and year end points average...I really like Robbie, he's a racer. But Davie is every bit the driver, and given the equipment he will/ would win. With all due respect...saying that Davey never really had the heart/ talent is all wet.

Humbly,

Dizz fan
                          Greatest Spectacle in Racing :nod:

Comment

Davey has two runner-up finishes in the IRL championship. How could anyone look past that accomplishment?

Comment

Hamilton bashing seems kinda silly to even discuss!
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X