Garfield pro Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garfield pro Indy

I heard Jim Davis who draws the Garfield comic strip, on the radio going to the Brickyard, they had some promtion going with Kyle Petty. He mentioned that he had been to the Brickyard before and had been going to the 500 since 1955. He was there the day Parnelli broke the 150mph mark.
    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
    "They're criminals"
    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

...isn't Jim Davis an Indianapolis native??
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Jim Davis

He's a Hoosier. Marion, I think. He had merchandizing ties to the Speedway at one time and may now for all I know, but when I visited in the late 90s there were an awful lot of Garfields are to be had in the Speedway gift shop! Got one for my son, in fact. I'd be surprised if that wasn't still the case.
      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Jim Davis was born in Marion and he graduated from Fairmount High School in 1963 -- the same school from which actor James Dean graduated in 1949.
        "If there is a place on Earth synonymous with race cars, it is Indianapolis." -- Bernie Ecclestone

"No matter where you go in the world, you say Indianapolis and they don't think about football or basketball, they think about the race." -- Richard Petty

Comment

Yes, he's from Marion and/or Fairmount. He was friends with my dad as a kid and my grandma used to babysit him. Believe it or not, he's allergic to cats.

Comment

There's a sign on the outskirts of Fairmount bragging about Davis, Dean and a couple of others that escape me at the moment. . .
            "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

James Dean -- Famous for dying
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Yet another famous Hoosier!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget