Flooding IMS with pro-oval mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding IMS with pro-oval mail?

What do you think, guys? Shall we start a snail-mail (NOT EMAIL - email is too easy to ignore) campaign to tell Tony and the IRL that we want to stay oval-only?

Anybody got the address?
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Unless you throw $100 in each envelope, i think it may fall on deaf ears...

Comment

I don't know if it will work or not (it's likely it won't), but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Cygni, stop being so negative. I know CART is going down the crapper, but come on, you don't have to take it out on the IRL.

Comment

Not ONLY will you get road racing, but throw in a couple of STREET races, too...

Really! Wait and see.

The almighty dollar (whether it's American or Canadian) is at work. That's much more powerful than anything a fan says.:mad:

Comment

Originally posted by Ganassifan

The almighty dollar (whether it's American or Canadian) is at work. That's much more powerful than anything a fan says.:mad:

Well this fan has just about had it. The IRL will be nothing more than a feeder and retirement series for F1 when they have completed their transformation.
          I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MicroRacer
            Well this fan has just about had it. The IRL will be nothing more than a feeder and retirement series for F1 when they have completed their transformation.
            What leaves me scratching my head is that many CART fans HATE Tony George, so if the IRL goes to a couple of CART haunts, the CART fans I know will not attend.
            The "hard core" IRL fans, who like the oval only format are ticked off at the thought of a few street/road races (witness the rhetoric out here), and several I know vow not to attend any IRL races if that happens...
            There are few OW fans left now....seems to me that this is only going to make things WORSE, not BETTER.

Or...am I missing something here???

Comment

Wasn't this topic about sending snail mail to keep the IRL all ovals?

Keep on topic or it goes away.........
              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
                Wasn't this topic about sending snail mail to keep the IRL all ovals?

Keep on topic or it goes away.........
                Here's my take on it:

The fans that would send mail are, for the most part, hardcore IRL fans.

I can't imagine that anyone at 16th and Georgetown has their head so far in the sand that they don't know what those fans think.

They just don't care.
                "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

How about a pettition?

I will have those "No Right Turns" T-shirts ready soon.

Comment

Originally posted by THIRD TURN
                    How about a pettition?

Put me down for one.
                    I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

Address???

We should make sure all the mail goes to one location!

Fans served by an oval track ( NH, Vegas, Charlotte, Houston, Iowa, Dover, Pocono, etc.) that does not have an IRL race should point that fact out to Mr. Barnhardt!

Nascar doesn't need Canada, why should the IRL?
                      "A lot of information on the Internet quickly occupies niche spaces, for specialized audiences, which use it for their own purposes."

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
                        Here's my take on it:

The fans that would send mail are, for the most part, hardcore IRL fans.

I can't imagine that anyone at 16th and Georgetown has their head so far in the sand that they don't know what those fans think.

They just don't care.
                        Ding ding ding.

The only opinion they care about is the fella on the second floor.
                        http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

How about a pettition?

Put me down for one too.
                          "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Ganassifan
                            What leaves me scratching my head is that many CART fans HATE Tony George, so if the IRL goes to a couple of CART haunts, the CART fans I know will not attend.
                            The "hard core" IRL fans, who like the oval only format are ticked off at the thought of a few street/road races (witness the rhetoric out here), and several I know vow not to attend any IRL races if that happens...
                            There are few OW fans left now....seems to me that this is only going to make things WORSE, not BETTER.

Or...am I missing something here???
                            Ganassifan, You've read my mind. I don't think I could ever give up Indy, but I wouldn't walk across the street for a free RR. Especially one where I can't even pronounce the drivers names. I guess the channel changer will take me to NASCAR, if that's where I have to go to watch my favorite drivers that I watched on the short track ovals.
                            "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

How about a pettition?

Make that one more.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X