No announcement yet.

OT - maybe- Why should IRL drivers ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - maybe- Why should IRL drivers ....

consider driving in the IROC. Why was there a 2 to 1 balance of Nascar to IRL drivers with a few others thrown in.

Did anyone find out what the "debrie" call was when Helio was out front? This almost appeared as THE attempt to remove him from the post position - it worked.

IROC - IMHO - is past its prime and now a NASCAR sub-series.

Sorry for the rant
    Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

IROC - IMHO - is past its prime and now a NASCAR sub-series
    Agreed.

Stock cars on ovals. Two-thirds of the field are NASCAR drivers. Oh, well.

If it were me, I would run a road course, and invite Montoya and Tracy.
    If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

It would be a good place to put last years IRL cars to use. 6 races, 3 in IRL cars 3 in stockers with 1 RC, 1 short track, 1 super speedway run in each type.
      "Free your mind and your ass will follow"

GMO industry is the new tobacco industry

Think GMO is ok? Think again, it's just the beginning: http://www.responsibletechnology.org...h-risks/1notes

Comment

Ha ha ha!!!

As if...
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Maybe the IRL should get some drivers that could get it done in IROC. They're out there.
          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Firstly, IROC should go back to their original format and race in the off season so that we get a better selection of drivers (if they are even interested in what has become a racing irrelevance). Live TV, etc. Remember the one year that they actually ran "heat" races among the various disciplines to cull the top 12?

Secondly, ditch the Firebird and put something a bit more boxy out there that lends itself to drafting and side by side racing. Or go the other way totally and put some tricked out Audi TT's in the series.

Thirdly, add some road courses. Make it a five race series. Because of my point #1 this limits the road course choices to Sebring, Sonoma, Daytona, or possibly Road Atlanta or Laguna.

Fourthly: jack up the benjamins. More $$ would interest even the most jaded driver to mull over the chance.

There, now that I've spent everyone else's money, does anyone want to add anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
              Maybe the IRL should get some drivers that could get it done in IROC. They're out there.

Pfffttttt....

If anybody from the IRL had any success in IROC they would simply become bait for Nascar teams to bite on.

Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
                Pfffttttt....

If anybody from the IRL had any success in IROC they would simply become bait for Nascar teams to bite on.

So the IRL should focus on guys not good enough to compete with NASCAR drivers?
                "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
                  So the IRL should focus on guys not good enough to compete with NASCAR drivers?
                  You forgot the phrase "in stockcars" at the end of your question.
                  "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow101
                    Firstly, IROC should go back to their original format and race in the off season so that we get a better selection of drivers (if they are even interested in what has become a racing irrelevance). Live TV, etc. Remember the one year that they actually ran "heat" races among the various disciplines to cull the top 12?

Secondly, ditch the Firebird and put something a bit more boxy out there that lends itself to drafting and side by side racing. Or go the other way totally and put some tricked out Audi TT's in the series.

Thirdly, add some road courses. Make it a five race series. Because of my point #1 this limits the road course choices to Sebring, Sonoma, Daytona, or possibly Road Atlanta or Laguna.

Fourthly: jack up the benjamins. More $$ would interest even the most jaded driver to mull over the chance.

There, now that I've spent everyone else's money, does anyone want to add anything?
                    Actually, those are pretty good suggestions. . .
                    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Thanks Rev-Ed. Could you imagine Stewart, Hornish, Villenueve, and Lasoski locking horns in Audi TT's at Road Atlanta or Texas? Now that's racing!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X