Dave Dispain,,, My Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Dispain,,, My Hero

Did he say it, or did he say it.... He cut right to the bone, no right turns for the IRL...

I just late to see the IRL go wrong, by going right.... If he has to,,, do it only with the ISP cars,,, keep it separate,,, Please....

Old Post,,, Freeze the cars, and use only the ISP cars...

Aloha Race Fans,,,,

The "Boy Prince",,, it just keeps "falling" his way, doesn't it... Is this Kid a genius,or what, or is he just plain lucky, either way, it's good... I think he has done a grand job, over all... Look at the Show,,, that's the proof of the pudding...

Right now,,, "Boy Prince",,, Please "Freeze" the car's and Engines...

Freeze them for at least 3 years from the end of this year, or better yet, for the next 5 years... Only allow minor tweaks, for safety, speed reduction, and for minor problems that may come up... Tweak only as needed, to promote, safety, the show, and parity for the three Engine companies we have now... Let the sponsors, teams, and car owners just catch up now, give them all some time, to savor the IRL..... In the mean time,,, Tony,,, PROMOTE,,, PROMOTE,,, PROMOTE.... You built it Tony Boy, and "They Have Come",,, and that's a fact... Now just let the IRL mature a little, let time and attrition add to the availability of "second hand" car's and engines for back up teams...

Give us some time, to catch our breath, and just enjoy the IRL, as fans....

If you feel you must go road racing, do it only in the IPS car's... Go ahead and use some, or all of the big named drivers and teams, that are now, only running ovals, but use the ISP cars, for the road races... But only the teams that want to run on Road Courses, don't force anyone to run, by incorporating the points into one series... Keep this a total, and separate Auto Cross Division... You can use all the big name drivers and teams, that want to run on the "off" weekends, but only when there isn't an oval race to run in with the "Big Cars".... You just may kill two birds, with one stone, by using IPS cars... Even if you are forced to put the Big engines, in the ISP cars.. ( Regular: Honda, Chevy, and Toyota Engines )

First you will have more ISP car's to draw from in time, for the up and coming ISP series to use, on the ovals, when you run the dual shows... But it may be better to just run the Trucks, Midgets or Sprinters, on the oval race weekends, just to increase the fan base, a little... Maybe on some of the big show weekends, you can run all three series... IRL, IPS and a NASCAR or USAC show... And in time, you would have more IPS equipement and teams on hand, to run on the "oval" weekends, and more equipement to run on the off week ends, at Road Course Shows... That's if you must run them "Auto Cross" shows... I think you are playing with fire... Be,,,Careful,,, Don't screw up a good thing...

DON"T SPOIL THIS SHOW,,, "Boy Prince",,,, Don't Screw It Up, Don't Mess This Show Up Tony.... Please... It's the best in all racing today... Maybe not as good as last year, and then at times, it's a lot better...

Don't force the "Buck Down" teams to go road racing right now, in IRL cars... And please don't add to many races, maybe one or two, to the IRL.... And keep the race distance in check also, the Michagan 400 was just a shade to long... Just a shade, to long... At least it was for me, but it was a great show, just the same... Just a little long, keep the Fans wanting more, and more, and more... And slow the cars down, just a smige...

Maybe help Honda, just a little right now, time will tell... Just small "Tweaks", remember.... Remind the Big Three, each will win it's fair share, in time... Throw each one, a bone, every now and then... But make sure them two "Rice Burners" know, who the Boss is, and "WHO" is running the Big Show, now... Let all three know, RIGHT NOW,,, who's the Boss, and if they want to play at the Indy 500, we are all going to play fair, from this day on...

It will help all of them in the long run, when they go to NASCAR, they will have learned, how to be good little submissive "Ornamentals", and Bow Tie wearing "Red Necks"... Just keep them all in check, it's not going to be easy, but you got the hammer, and power, Tony Boy... By the way,,, when is Ford going to join the party, and come and play with the winners in open wheel racing....

Right now in the IPS, there isn't enough talent, or enough cars, to put on a "Killer" show, like the one we just saw, in the IRL at Mich.... There are no seats aviable in the IRL, any way, set just let a little time go by, so everyone can regroup... Not a lot of "talent" out there right now, well not until CART folds, for good... That should help some... Then you can use some of that talent at CART, to prop up the IPS Road Race Shows......

This years driving class that is in the ISP,,, well that's just a little weak for me, right now... And that's being very very kind... Not sure there is enough talent over there, to drive New York Cabs full time, let alone, IRL cars...

Just,,, "Please",,, don't screw up the Big Show,,, Tony,,, Please.... Quattro has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, that running well in the IPS, means nothing, right now... Not with out a little talent, experience and a good team behind you.... Maybe get JJ or Hines, to help out poor Quattro, with the Big Cars......

Keep the Road Race Division, a Super Spec Series, tires, wheel base, tread, wings, ride height, smaller cars, shocks, brakes, tramsmissions, weight with driver, and finially engines... Standard Set Up, for all of them... All Sealed, All the Same,,,, and CHEAP... Maybe just one spec engine, "Badged" by all three, and when by Ford and Dodge, come to play in the "Big Time of Open Wheel Racing",, they can "Badge" the engine too... They too, can play then, after they "Badge", that Datsoon engine... ( Indy Car Engine by Honda, Toyota, and right now Chevy) The transmissions, will be a problem, but that's life... Small cars, low down force, and let the Big Dogs Play, on the one offs,,, give them a little Auto Cross, and a rest, once or twice a year....

When CART finally draws it last breath, and after the "cremation ceremonies", have taken place, but just before the "Wake' starts, announce the IPS deal.... That should make it a very "enjoyious" occasion, for all those attending... I hate to see this road racing crap, destroy what you have built, "Boy Prince", be very, very careful...

I guess that some of the members, the "Big Three", with there engine contracts, they might try to screw up the Big Time Drivers, and Big Time Teams, from running in a spec engined IPS car, on road courses... Screw them, just tell them to go pound salt, if they want to be at Indy... Let every team, or manufacture "Badge" their own engine, but run a spec sealed engine, just the same... Remember, you are the Boss, my boy Tony, and your only "Allegiance",,, is to the fans...

I hope would be, lets just forget the Auto Cross Crap, at least for the next couple of years.... But if you think you are forced to, when you start the series, use ISP spec cars, for the Auto Cross Series... But only when it's the right time, to start a road race expo series... But now is not the time... But use smaller cars, that will do wonders for the show, and a full blown spec series, that also would help to cut the costs, and put on a better show...

Again it will make for a better show... Look at the CART shows this year, better shows, even with all the big name drivers gone, it still a better show, with the spec cars and engines... And look at all the potental IPS teams you could have, and the spare IPS equipment that would be available... Then you could run them IPS cars at IRP, Winchester, Salem, and one big show each year at Eldora, in them "Indy" IPS cars... And that's just for starters...

But Freeze the Big Car's and Engines, right now... So far,,, who can really complain, not unless they are brain dead, or their own personal Ox is getting gored... And if that's the case, then who really cares... One just can't complain with a striaght face right now, and that's a fact.... And it's just killing them CART-oids, no end,,, and that's good...

Big Wheel Hawaii....
    Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-02-2003, 04:05 PM.
    Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Give yourself a "Bingo"!
    Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

I like Dave too. Hope that they can pull off the same quality show four nights a week. I think he pegged it, ole Tony is positioning himself to snag some CART debris.

Aloha BWH!

Comment

Originally posted by slinger
        Give yourself a "Bingo"!
        And a "Three Date Shake Award" as well.
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Dave is a bike man. He follows AMA sportbike racing religiously. Pretty neat comment considering his career has been around sportscar and sportbike racing . He knows what goes on, he's in the business. Mr. Despain, Miguel Duhamel's last name is pronounced Doo-ha-mel. Although, Doo-a-mel has a nice ring to it. Sounds cool for a great champion like Miguel...

Comment

"Make sure them two "Rice Burners" know, who the Boss is,"

To them "Rice Burners" (not my words) Tony is smaller than an ant, they have the money , they have the power.

By ISP do you mean the IPS? Yeah that will get huge crowds at Long Beach and Toronto

Comment

Originally posted by elio
              "Make sure them two "Rice Burners" know, who the Boss is,"

To them "Rice Burners" (not my words) Tony is smaller than an ant, they have the money , they have the power.

Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

IMO, Dave Disdain jumped into the batters box, swung and missed. His "opinion" is just that! That bandwagon is loaded with a lot of peripheral fans!
                Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Too bad they are headed that way. Face it, there is money to be made at some of these road courses, and the IRL has yet to turn a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by TM1511
                    Too bad they are headed that way. Face it, there is money to be made at some of these road courses, and the IRL has yet to turn a profit.
                    You got that right. To think that anyone might reject CART's cash cow venues just on principle, they'd have to be nuts.

jmart

Comment

The IRL has not made a profit?
                      I think this is also a matter of oppinion.
                      I can't say that I agree.

Where would Indy be.
                      Without the IRL.
                      A grand tradition,
                      Running on Memorial day.
                      With Nascar cars maybe.

The Leage was formed solely for the preservation
                      of INDY.
                      Not Cart.
                      Whatever it takes.

Now if there is more sound reason to expand beyond.
                      The primary concept.
                      [ Which also seems to be open for interpetation.]
                      I for one can deal with it.

Because I still remember the nine race season.
                      And the heartbreaking catastrophy in Charlotte.
                      If having to deal with road racing is the worst news.
                      To come down the line lately.
                      That's not so bad.

Just make them run what they have now.
                      Whats wrong with that?
                      aren't they are all the same?
                      Won't they work just like they are?
                      I have spent more time here than I did in school.

Comment

Hey, let's parse BWH's post into an epic poem.
                        Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

Comment

Originally posted by prell5713
                          The IRL has not made a profit?
                          I think this is also a matter of oppinion.
                          I can't say that I agree.

Where would Indy be.
                          Without the IRL.
                          A grand tradition,
                          Running on Memorial day.
                          With Nascar cars maybe.

The Leage was formed solely for the preservation
                          of INDY.
                          Not Cart.
                          Whatever it takes.

Now if there is more sound reason to expand beyond.
                          The primary concept.
                          [ Which also seems to be open for interpetation.]
                          I for one can deal with it.

Because I still remember the nine race season.
                          And the heartbreaking catastrophy in Charlotte.
                          If having to deal with road racing is the worst news.
                          To come down the line lately.
                          That's not so bad.

Just make them run what they have now.
                          Whats wrong with that?
                          aren't they are all the same?
                          Won't they work just like they are?
                          Prell5713 and BWH
                          Our Aeshcellus and Aristophenes
                          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Not only did Despain step up the plate and take a huge cut....But connected and hit the ball out of the park.Short of demanding for a return to Modern Front Engine Roadsters,he told it exactly as it should be.I don't know who's clambering for road racing in the IRL except Penske,Ganassi,Engine Co.'s,and,,a few ex-CART fans who think it's necessary to,"show the dynamic nature of these cars on a road course".I hope the motorsport media picks up on this and calls Lord Sagamore to task.All TG will end up with is a series permeated with F1 rejects and washed ups and no name off shore formula car drivers that no one has heared of.If that was the intention of driving CART into the ground,what a pyrric victory.TG will be the king of a feifdom that few people will take the time to care about.It's kind of like being the King of Lichtenstein.We've been down this road before,and the end of that road is'nt too appealing to this fan.The duplicitous way the short tracker has been used in this split is shameful!More people like Despain are needed.We need less Indy shills.
                            Kudo's Dave Despain....You are right on the money!

Comment

Right on, Big!
                              Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X