Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IRL = 32 entries V's CART = 10 entries for 2003.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL = 32 entries V's CART = 10 entries for 2003.....

According to Curt Calvin....IRL will have the following additions/extra cars, 3 Andretti / Green , 2 Panther, 2 Ganassi, 2 Mo Nunn, 1 Fernandez entries for a grand total of 32 entries......

CART has 2 Haas , 2 Players, 1 Rahal, 1 Patrick, 1, Herdez and 1 Fernadez for a total of 10 entries...

I heard the same song and dance previous to the start of this racing season. I hope we have that many quality teamss, but I will take the wait and see approach.
    Team KELLEY ROCKS! Get well soon Jason! Three in top ten at KY. Way to go Scott, Al, and Tony!

Comment

It is just too early to tell. I heard that cart had 25 entries, or should I say intentions to run. But I might have read that on SpeedNet.
      Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Don't think for one minute that there WON'T be any teams from the IRL move to CART though. You must factor that in as well. If they don't go to CART, they'll dissolve, so which do you want? Not all the teams will survive and the cost of racing in the IRL just went up by approx. 30%. Those teams that were barely hanging on THIS year might find it even tougher next year.

The starting grid from THIS years "Gateway 200" will look MUCH different than NEXT years.
        But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank:
          <STRONG> But I might have read that on SpeedNet.</STRONG>
          I don't remember the number but it was straight from Pookzler's mouth.

'Course his credibility hovers only slightly higher than that of SpeedNet.

Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Perhaps the Billy Roe/John Herb/John De Vries types will find CART more attractive next year. I'll never slam the efforts of the "really little guys", but the hard-core CART elitists must cringe at that thought....
            "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

That story was using the absolutely most optimistic numbers for the IRL (everyone who they think there is a fair chance of running) and the most pessimistic numbers for CART (everyone who has absolutely confirmed their plans.)

IMHO, next year both series will see about the same number of cars they have this season - maybe slight increases in both.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob:
                <STRONG> IMHO, next year both series will see about the same number of cars they have this season - maybe slight increases in both.</STRONG>
                By hook or by crook.
                "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

The IRL will have less then 32 and CART more then 10, stop reading the Scar, they fail to post two Ganassi cars for CART, that is two for each series. I guess they don't want to deal with Chip's free Fords yet.

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: Mackie ]

Comment

Don't think for one minute that there WON'T be any teams from the IRL move to CART though.
                    I really do not see this happening, unless it is just a desperation move by a team. While it would possibly be cheaper in 2003, with new rules structure coming from CART (At least that is what I hear from the rumor mills)I would expect higher, or at least comparable costs to IRL equipment. I cannot see any real advantage to doing it, as they would also miss out on Indy. I think the teams that may have economic troubles would more than likely combine efforts and share in the relationships they might have with current sponsors. It may very well happen where they would go that route, but I would almost think that it would be short term and might be detrimental to sponsorships. Just an opinion though, will see when the 2003 season starts
                    "It's a good thing to follow the first law of holes: If you are in one, stop digging." - Denis Healey

Comment

Originally posted by Indianapolis500:
                      <STRONG>According to Curt Calvin....IRL will have the following additions/extra cars, 3 Andretti / Green , 2 Panther, 2 Ganassi, 2 Mo Nunn, 1 Fernandez entries for a grand total of 32 entries......

CART has 2 Haas , 2 Players, 1 Rahal, 1 Patrick, 1, Herdez and 1 Fernadez for a total of 10 entries...</STRONG>
                      Rahal has talked about a three car team with the reduction in costs.
                      "The two series are very different from each other. People that follow CART in the US have a very similar profile to the Brazillian racing fans, but at the IRL the crowd is completely different, they dont even wannna know who's racing, they just want to see the little cars going around and crashing."

Comment

CART has 2 Haas , 2 Players, 1 Rahal, 1 Patrick, 1, Herdez and 1 Fernadez for a total of 10 entries...[/QB][/QUOTE]

Math?
                        "The two series are very different from each other. People that follow CART in the US have a very similar profile to the Brazillian racing fans, but at the IRL the crowd is completely different, they dont even wannna know who's racing, they just want to see the little cars going around and crashing."

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                          <STRONG>

I don't remember the number but it was straight from Pookzler's mouth.

'Course his credibility hovers only slightly higher than that of SpeedNet.

</STRONG>
                          Or the price of MPH stock!
                          Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Math?
                            CART Math?

CART: 64 cars minimum!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob:
                              <STRONG>That story was using the absolutely most optimistic numbers for the IRL (everyone who they think there is a fair chance of running) and the most pessimistic numbers for CART (everyone who has absolutely confirmed their plans.)

IMHO, next year both series will see about the same number of cars they have this season - maybe slight increases in both.</STRONG>
                              Yep. We hear this 30-car stuff every year, and with the exception of a couple of races in 1998, it hasn't happened. Having to buy all-new, and more expensive, equipment at the first of the year will likely drive some teams out.
                              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X