Barron in the USAToday Toyota Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barron in the USAToday Toyota Ad

Anyone fail to notice the full page ad in today's USAToday for Toyota featuring a large photo of Alex Barron? Not bad for a guy without a full-time ride. Or maybe he has one that's not been announced!
    "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

didn't get the paper today but that is just the kind of ad's I was counting on from Toyota and Honda when they came on board.

Comment

Hopefully Toyota will make sure he is gainfully employed.

Comment

sounds like the phone is ringing at least.

http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/ne...?story_id=1727

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
          sounds like the phone is ringing at least.

http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/ne...?story_id=1727
          “For sure,” Barron said. “I’m trying to get into a full-time ride and go after a championship in 2004. You need to have results like this in order to get in a good car the following season."
          Notice that he said he's trying to get into a ride to win "a championship" in 2004, not "the IRL championship in 2004."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob
            Notice that he said he's trying to get into a ride to win "a championship" in 2004, not "the IRL championship in 2004."
            You have taken his quote totally out of context.

Gee...maybe he want's to be the first "MotorRock" champion.

Comment

Taken from the Alex Barron Transcript

Q: And finally and this is delicate. The IRL was formed with the idea of offering rides for American drivers; at least that was the expressed purpose. There is a lot of non-Americans in the series and drivers like you have to fight your way back in like it was maybe ten years ago, is that a frustration for you?

A. Barron: I think it’s been that way since I moved up in Atlantics in ’97, moving into Indy-style cars, it’s been really tough. The guys in the Indy Racing League have done nothing but try to help me get back in. I can’t say enough about the group. They run a pretty tight ship and I love working with them. I think it’s a great place to be.

Comment

Uh, JoeBob, here is the entire quote. I would have to agree that you completely took his quote out of context. Seems like Alex is drinking the kool aid with the rest of us. Now go ahead back to your trolling.

With all the momentum in the IRL right now, the IRL seems to be getting bigger and bigger,” Barron said. “I think it’s best for me just to stick with IRL and try to get a good opportunity to win a championship. I think it’s a great place to be.
                "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Yeah, you know I could just tell that his heart wasn't in it last week at Michigan.

I bet the whole race long he was just wishing that he was in Vancouver instead.

The he just could have had race control tell Hornish to move over and give him the lead. So much less stress.

Comment

He's probably trying to find a ride that will pay him money. I doubt he cares where it is - IRL, CART, someone who pays.

He's turned in enough good rides in absolute sleds in CART to justify a ride and he didn't get a sniff of a ride after that, either.
                    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Barron happy?

I used to think he was reluctant to race in the IRL but now he seems quite happy. With the addition of road courses next year he'll probably be even more so.

Comment

I hear desparation in that post.
                        "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Re: Barron happy?

Originally posted by keysersoze
                          I used to think he was reluctant to race in the IRL but now he seems quite happy. With the addition of road courses next year he'll probably be even more so.
                          TG has already said that there won't be any road courses next year. There may be some in 2005.
                          Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Oops, my bad.

Comment

Well, he won't win the CART championship, there won't be one.

That was a bunch of crap statement JoeBob, tough times eh?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X