This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Hasn't this been discussed?

Hello Track Forum! First time to post, but have been lurking in the background for more than a year. Finally decided to register and "get in the game".

My issue....It seems odd to me that in May, most of the discussion in the media (and some here) was the speedway's lack of ability to sell out the 500. Most everyone blamed the split, and the deteriorating (perceived) interest in the 500.

Now comes the Brickyard, and at last check, 10,000 tickets are still available. Why not the same uproar? Every Brickyard before sold out. Even some scribes are claiming that a ticket to the Brickyard is harder to come by than the 500!

Obviously, both races are affected by the economy. (and in my opinion, it's not popular to bash Nascar)

I realize that this my be in the wrong forum group, and, if so, will be dealt with by the moderators.

My thanks to all who make this forum possible.

Nope,

You've got a good point. But, the CART fans that come here to bash the IRL don't get any jollies by talking about the Brickyard. Thus, they aren't here complaining about Brickyard ticket sales.

If there was something in it for them, they'd be here whining.
    We flipped our finger to the King of England
    Stole our country from the Indians
    With god on our side and guns in our hands
    We took it for our own!

Comment

This subject has pretty well been discussed...check te NASCAR forum...

Comment

It just doesn't fit the agenda of most of those who spend the most time here talking about attendance.

The fact is the Brickyard has never outdrawn the Indy 500

Now that the novelty has worn out that will become more apparent.

The track is not conducive to good WC racing (thank god)

Plus, NASCAR fans like the ability to see all the way around an oval. There have been complaints about that from the beginning of the Brickyard 400.

One of these years the media will have an epiphany and realize the biggest race at IMS will always be the Indy 500

Comment

Rev...................... Biz forum, please.
          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

"The fact is the Brickyard has never outdrawn the Indy 500 ..."

To be honest, less number of tickets have always been made available by the management for the BY than The 500...if both events 'sold out' The 500 would, by design, have a larger gate...TV ratings are a different story however...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
              "The fact is the Brickyard has never outdrawn the Indy 500 ..."

To be honest, less number of tickets have always been made available by the management for the BY than The 500...if both events 'sold out' The 500 would, by design, have a larger gate...TV ratings are a different story however...
              I assume that you mean that since the Speedway doesn't sell General Admission tickets, that less tickets are made available. I would have a hard time believing that they don't try to sell all of the permanent seats at the speedway for all events.

Comment

Originally posted by NDFIVEFAN
                I assume that you mean that since the Speedway doesn't sell General Admission tickets, that less tickets are made available. I would have a hard time believing that they don't try to sell all of the permanent seats at the speedway for all events.
                The speedway did take out some of the infield bleachers for the BY for several years, so they were actually making fewer seats available.

Professor Joe
                Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
                  This subject has pretty well been discussed...check te NASCAR forum...
                  Howard's right. Been talked about all over the place there. Since it has been done, and we don't need another thread about it, this one is closed.
                  "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X