X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about this:

Motor Rock

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns11590.html

Sounds crazy enough that they probably will do it. Do I think it will work? No.
    Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

What ever happened to that CART themed amusement park that Heitzler was planning to build in Las Vegas?

More of the same here, I would guess.

Comment

It will attract the new fans to the race. The ones that come for the music may very well attend the race. It wont be about the racing. It will be about the festive atmosphere.
        The good thing about it, it will lessen the confusion between the 2 series. With IRL going road racing perhaps we will pick up some ex Carters who don't care for Street racing.
        It might be good for both. i think it will.

Comment

From the article

Warner Music Group has announced a deal with NASCAR for the September 6 event at Richmond International Raceway, which will be headlined as the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 and will feature pre-race concerts by Hootie & The Blowfish, Uncle Kracker and Trapt with other bands playing on Friday before the NASCAR Busch Series race.
          Oh, yeah, hootie is going to go over big in Richmond.

Conversely, I picked up Trapt yesterday and it is really, really good. But I like Tool and Disturbed, so what do I know?

And, oh. cart is going all street racing with a former DDE executitive at the helm? Hmmmmmm, don't those people have a "preferred promoter" status with cart? No, I don't smell anything bad here.

Oh, great, more snoozefests. Well, if that's what they have to do.
          Their racing sucks so bad that they may as well kill all the good events and go all suck all the time. Go with what you do best.

New slogan:

CART: ALL SUCK ALL THE TIME!
          Last edited by Doc Austin; 08-01-2003, 07:36 AM.
          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Bridgestone Presents the Champcar Motor Rock World Series Hawaiian Super Prix Powered by Ford???
            Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Why is it that every time an article mentions a west coast F1 race, they always bring up San Francisco?

I got news for you...it ain't EVER going to happen in S.F.

Think about it: Just about anything that could possibly bother anyone, no matter how trivial, is banned in S.F. Who honestly believes that the tree-huggin'-no-noise-polutin'-restrictions-up-the-ying-yang SF community will allow their "pristine" enviroments be invaded by internal combustion engines.
              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                From the article

Oh, great, more snoozefests. Well, if that's what they have to do.
                Their racing sucks so bad that they may as well kill all the good events and go all suck all the time. Go with what you do best.

New slogan:

CART: ALL SUCK ALL THE TIME!
                Doc,

Quattro and the lady racer already have rights to that slogan.

"Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

when the product doesn't sell itself, this is what ya have t do!

Good luck to them in the big city streets!
                  http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

Just another pipe dream, something to throw up against the wall to see if it sticks. My guess is that there will be no CART 2004 season, there very well could be something else using another name, CART never was a good fit anyway, they tried often to come up with something better and never could. IMO, once Indy was disallowed to them they were in deep trouble, there was no definition of what the did.

The CART name has been tarnished beyond repair, time for something else.

Some desperate and dying downtown areas might get excited about a rock concert, some won't, because of the "baggage" that comes with it. I love 'em, but I don't want to mix them with my racing.

Comment

Originally posted by trow
                      when the product doesn't sell itself, this is what ya have t do!

Good luck to them in the big city streets!
                      At the rate they've sent themselves swirling down the bowl, it is more likely they will be racing in the city sewers.

Yeah, that's right. Somebody will go post this over at cr*pwagon. The series is going to end up in the same place they are already at.

Everyone will be happy.

With love, Dick Austin
                      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Hardscrabble
                        Why is it that every time an article mentions a west coast F1 race, they always bring up San Francisco?

I got news for you...it ain't EVER going to happen in S.F.

Think about it: Just about anything that could possibly bother anyone, no matter how trivial, is banned in S.F. Who honestly believes that the tree-huggin'-no-noise-polutin'-restrictions-up-the-ying-yang SF community will allow their "pristine" enviroments be invaded by internal combustion engines.
                        C'mon

They could race through the Castro

Nothing is outlawed there

Comment

How could they have a "Major rock concert" and a race and make any money unless they jack up the ticket prices further?

When I was in Miami last October for the GP Americas, Train was playing in the Bayfront Park Amphitheater, free of charge to race ticket holders at 8pm on Saturday night.

I love Train.

I skipped the concert.

I just wanted to go to my hotel over on Miami Beach, by then.

I was too dang tired to stick around for a concert knowing that there was a full day at the track Sunday.

I guess I am just old.
                          Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

Look, I like the idea of that much fun packed into one weekend, but if you have to do that, it's just not about the racing anymore.

Now if I were there, sure, I'de love to go see someone like Trapt or Revis, both sure-fire mega bands of the near future. But if they are going to get a top headline band like Staind, well, they are going to spend alot of money.

I guess it's a smart deal to appeal to the kids. They are tomorrow's fans. I think they are more into X-games and things like that. Remember, those are their things and they don't necessarily like what we do. In fact, they are likely to shun our things just out of rebillion. How much did you like your dad's Oldsmobile?

If the music draws them to the racing, that will be great. But I suspect you won't make too many new fans that will stay with the racing. It's pretty sad that racing has to stoop to being in the entertainment business just to survive. If this is successful, racing will be drawn into the realm of manufactured spectacles like WrestleRock.

We deserve better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
                              Just another pipe dream, something to throw up against the wall to see if it sticks. My guess is that there will be no CART 2004 season, there very well could be something else using another name, CART never was a good fit anyway, they tried often to come up with something better and never could. IMO, once Indy was disallowed to them they were in deep trouble, there was no definition of what the did.

The CART name has been tarnished beyond repair, time for something else.

Some desperate and dying downtown areas might get excited about a rock concert, some won't, because of the "baggage" that comes with it. I love 'em, but I don't want to mix them with my racing.
                              Considering your predictions for this year, CART fans should'nt lose any sleep about your new ones for 2004.
                              "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X