X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Will Be Official August 6th

http://www.madison.com/captimes/sports/auto/53861.php

scroll down...
    No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Another one of those things that was never gonna happen. I must have missed the news reports of the untimely death of Carl Haas.....

Comment

it feels good, indycar racing is finally in my backyard again! the question now is do i want to keep my turn 4 seats which are now the only section without good leg room and space...or do i move to turn 1? seeing them line up and prepare for green in 4 has always been a highlight... decisions...decisions...
      No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Nice to have two good options like that. . .
        "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Wow, the announcement comes the day before the latest CART D Day event. Wonder if the two are related.

Comment

I'd better wash my good socks.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrangfeld
              it feels good, indycar racing is finally in my backyard again! the question now is do i want to keep my turn 4 seats which are now the only section without good leg room and space...or do i move to turn 1? seeing them line up and prepare for green in 4 has always been a highlight... decisions...decisions...
              Hum, you must be new around here. Did they tell you that you get to purchase tickets for the regulars around here if a new race comes to your area?

Comment

I have been waiting for an excuse to go to Wisconsin. Now I have a new race to attend next year. Can't wait and will be looking forward to finding out the date so I can pencil it in officialy.
                16th and Georgetown, the greatest place on EARTH!!!

Comment

Do you think this race will be on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon?

I hope it's on Saturday night because I'll be able make it up there for that one.
                  If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

I can't wait for this one. It is going to be great. If CART is around next year and Miller Lite sponsors their race and they don't want to sponsor another, I have the perfect solution. With Menards based in Eau Claire, WI we could have the MENARDS Indy 250.
                    The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                      I'd better wash my good socks.
                      Dan Schlosser
                      Go fast, turn left !
                      www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                      Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr
                        Another one of those things that was never gonna happen. I must have missed the news reports of the untimely death of Carl Haas.....

SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

I hope that they don't schedule the race for early July, around the 4th. Milwaukee has a thing on the lakefront called Summerfest. This event runs for around 10 days. It is the third largest event in the United States. It is only smaller than the Rose Bowl parade and Mardi Gra in New Orleans. It draws, if I remember about 70,000 people a day. It is a musical festival. different sponsors finance different stages. There is Jazz, Old time Rock, modern Rock, Country. What I am getting to is that Summerfest will draw crowds away from a race, especially the young group.

As a side, if you really want to go to something special, attend Summerfest. The park is huge and there is all kinds of food and beer available. Most of the stages are sponsored by breweries and they sell their own products at the stages.

Comment

Yes, Summerfest is the largest music festival in the world and one he11 of a party.
                            The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

If the Milwaukee race is the last weekend in July, it will compete with the largest German festival in the US... Germanfest on the lakefront festival grounds.

Lots of tubas, glockenspiels, accordions, and guys in leiderhosen. Throw in a yodeling contest and acres of beer and food tents and it's a party that runs Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.

No tenderloins like Indy, in Milwaukee it will be 'Schnitzel' (breaded pork cutlet), Rollbraten (roasted pork loin), Spanferkel (whole roast pig), plus Bratwurst, Kutchen and Strudel.

Somehow the lake breeze, the cold beer, great food and the 'ompah' music seems to make an enjoyable evening.

Add a few hours of IRL practice, qualifing and racing and this might be almost as good as holding the race during the State Fair.
                              "When the music stops playing, Roger Penske will always find a seat"
                              Danny Sullivan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X