Haas to field IRL team in 2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haas to field IRL team in 2004?

Article mainly discusses Hornish Jr's future but I found this quote particularily interesting:

Penske said Carl Haas’ new IRL team is a possibility.

Link

Boy I sure hope Sam does not go to Haas. I could never root for the cigar man's driver.

Stay where you are Sam. I'm sure Panther and Chevy are going to make you an offer you can't refuse. Also there seems to be good chemistry at Panther.
    I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

Penske said Carl Haas’ new IRL team is a possibility

Oh boy, I can see the posts coming out of the woodwork already...

Comment

Hornish to Carl Haas?

agggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm getting a headache.....................

Come on GM, Panther or ANYONE ELSE !! PAY THE MONEY TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING !!!!!!!!!

Of course this comes from Autoweak...........
        SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Haas in the IRL?

Just put this in the "No effing way it will ever happen drawer", along with the Penske, Honda, Toyota, Ganassi, Rahal, Andretti, Mo Nunn, Red Bull, and Fernandez files.

Say, that drawer is gettin' kinda full, isn't it?

Comment

Look where this is coming from, AutoWeek, they have had Miller-like accuracy lately. I am not into denial or shooting the messenger, but Chevy just spent a bunch of money securing the Chord for two years, Chevy isn't going to lat money get in the way of keeping Sam.

Comment

Let me state that I am not a fan of Carl Haas.

However, didn't Carl have interest in Buddy Lazier a few years ago? Maybe, just maybe, Buddy could go there as part of a two car team. While I do not like Carl, I do like the idea of Buddy in a Haas car a whole bunch.

I have no facts to back this up, nor have I heard this anywhere, I am simply speculating about this.

Fire away!!
              kwetcherbetchen

Comment

Supposedly, Haas was offered a lot of money by Toyota to run an IRL team. However, Paul Newman is the guy delivering Haas sponsorship these days, and he won't have anything to do with the IRL. (There would be no Pacificare, Lilly or McDonalds if it wasn't for Paul Newman.)

Haas running in the IRL isn't out of the question. Paul Newman going with him is. In the recent past, pretty much all of Newman Haas's sponsorship has been tied to either Paul Newman or Mario Andretti.

If Carl gets enough from Toyota, he'll be there.

Comment

If Iwas Sam, I would be all over a Haas offer. proven winner, loads of
                  Toyota money, famous owners, cigars, and a snowballs chance of ever passing tech at Indy. heard any good TG mother jokes lately

Comment

Originally posted by Waiting for May
                    Let me state that I am not a fan of Carl Haas.
                    Whether you like him or not, the man has played an important role in US motorsports. Just like Roger, Gurney, etc. Hey, where are we going to find new owners to replace these old guys who've been carrying the standard for thirty plus years?

I think it is premature to speculate that Hornish is headed elsewhere. Haas? AGR - what opening? Penske - no dice according to the Captain himself. TCGR - what opening? Nunn - probably not unless he brings Pennzoil with him. Menard - heaven forbid. Cheever - probably not. Kelly - possibly? I've run out of top teams... oops I guess Rahal may scrape into that category

Comment

Lucky us..... :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by irlgreg
                        Lucky us..... :mad:
                        Carl Haas in the IRL
                        It will never happen :>)

carl s
                        Indio, CA
                        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Re: Haas to field IRL team in 2004?

Originally posted by speedy badger
                          Penske said Carl Haas’ new IRL team is a possibility.

[
                          Since when is Roger Penske deciding who drives for whom?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow101
                            Whether you like him or not, the man has played an important role in US motorsports. Just like Roger, Gurney, etc. Hey, where are we going to find new owners to replace these old guys who've been carrying the standard for thirty plus years?
                            I vote, not like him. Haas is the kind of guy who makes it hard to like him. He was in Indy car racing as the Lola importer and when Lola left so did he. He came back from the Can Am when it was on it's last legs with fellow Can Am owner Newman who brought the Budweiser sponsorship in 1983 for Mario Andretti to drive the only Lola in CART that year. He did everything he could to insult and harass the IRL. I might like his drivers like I did Mario, Michael and Mansell but he can take his cigar and (fill in your nasty idea here).
                            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                            "They're criminals"
                            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Only time will tell as to whether Haas joins the IRL ranks....

As others have mentioned, I find it particularily interesting that Penske would mention the Haas possibility and not mention the likelyhood that Sam will stay put at Panther. It seems that Penske still underestimates Panther!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X