Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin sings his old song, again

http://espn.go.com/rpm/wc/2003/0729/1587096.html

RM continues to lob the same old grenades at the Indy 500 and the IRL.

Robin....Hello..... We get it. You think Tony ruined the Indy 500 and Indy Car Racing. NASCAR is kicking the IRL's fanny in about every way possible. Things will never be the same (If you have your way).

Everybody knows where you stand.

Once and for all, give it a rest!!!:mad:

I wish I could hand my boss the same product for the last eight years and still get paid.....
    the man in expensive shoes

Comment

The circus (NASCAR) arrived in town yesterday and will leave Monday. They have one practice day and one qualifying day, big deal.

Read my sig line!
      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Save for the cheap shot at the end that proves how little he really knows about Tony Hulman, this is SS, DD.

Miller, if you really read this forum: The world hasn't passed the Indy 500 by. The world has passed YOU by. Your irrelevance grows greater every day to this fan.

And that's all the typing I'm going to waste on someone like him.
        "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
        --Danny Noonan

Comment

AGAIN I ask,

If the BY 400 is so popular why wont anyone offer me anything for my row DD seats in turn 3?

I have never had this much trouble selling extra seats for the 500, even though my seats are in row F (and actually, I already have a waiting list for any extra USGP tix I may eventually have in row Z of H stand). But the best seats I have are pretty much unsellable.

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon

And that's all the typing I'm going to waste on someone like him. [/B]
            You are truely the ـbermensch of Cool, and this proves it.
            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

wow, nascar is more popular than indy cars nowadays.

wow, Robin sure is a sharp arrow! One of the posters had it right, this is probably the same article from 1999.

But ask me if the fact Nascar is more popular than the IRL affects my enjoyment of indy car oval racing? No.

Ask me if the racing in the IRL is better than Nascar. Yes.

Ask me if Robin Miller is a bitter man, especially for someone who has had the pleasure of making a living on the greatest sport in the world. Obvious.

Ask me if the fact Ranch dressing outsells my favorite dressing 20 -1 makes me enjoy my dressing any less? Nope.

Get a life Robin, and be a fan.

Comment

Robin Miller is finished. He is done. Once CART goes out of business, he will lose his job there and the split is over. He makes his living talking about the split and the same topics that happened eight years ago. Once the split is over, what is he going to talk about?

What is amazing to me is why ESPN allows him to write articles based on rumors. For example, he wrote a whole article based on Panther cheating from just a couple rumors. How about his article on Tony Stewart joining AGR at Indy? How about his article on Dario Franchitti going into surgery because he didnt want to race in IndyCar? How about his article that Bernie was buying CART? How about his article that Jacques Villenueve was returning to CART? How about his article that Gil de Ferran was going to retire?

Robin Miller has continously chosen to write about the bad things of open-wheel racing when articles could have been written on good things. For example, Robin wrote several articles bashing IndyCar and Tony George for barely filling the Indy 500 field, yet he could have easily chosen to write about many of the wonderful storylines that were occuring that month such as Andretti's last race, Foyt IV's first race, Little Al being the oldest driver in the field, Honda and Toyota trying to win the Indy 500, Castroneves going to a record third staight Indy 500 win.

All of his stuff is based on rumors and I am surprised that ESPN allows him to write articles based on such little factual support. Robin Miller has a personal hatred for Tony George. Ever notice how he is unable to not mention Tony George's name in almost every article? Or how he always refers to the IRL as 'Tony George's all-oval series'? Robin Miller makes his money bashing IndyCar and Tony George and pleasing the anti-IRL crowd who feel that Robin is 'just telling it like it is'. Once the split is over those fans will either start to follow IndyCar and move on and follow other series and the hatred of the IRL will slowly leave.

Robin Miller is finished. Stick a fork in him, he is done.

Comment

How about if we give it a rest?

That would show just how irrelevant he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by indyracer56

Congradulations on winning your first

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
                    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by frankie13
                      What is amazing to me is why ESPN allows him to write articles based on rumors.
                      Because they don't have any more integrity than Rodent Miller. Perhaps even less.
                      "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

The problem here is that this bitter beer face is writing for ESPN, a supposed broadcast partner. Local Indy people know all about Robin. The rest of the world just might believe all of his cr**.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Offy

Silence = implied acceptance
                          "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
                            Silence = implied acceptance
                            Look at it like the kid who was the class clown...when his tricks didn't get attention...all the fun went out of it for him.

I would just like to not be the one to give him the stasifaction of getting a rise out of me.

Don't forget, the IRL is everything that Robin Miller always said Cart needed to be when Cart was the only game in town.

Just like some of the folks that post on here, what he really wants to do is to turn everything into a discussion about him.

Comment

Originally posted by indyracer56 Don't forget, the IRL is everything that Robin Miller always said Cart needed to be when Cart was the only game in town.
                              Sorry, but you can only win one WHEEEEEE!!!! per thread, though this one would qualify.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X