Something new from the IRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something new from the IRL

At MIS the IRL made available something new to hard card members of the IRL, it alows you to receive real time laps speeds from T & S and other information. They now offer an Icard for Nintendo Game Boy. If you own a Game Boy you can purchase the Icard insert it into the Game Boy and receive real time timing and scoring information. etc. lap speeds, positions, laps down, a scroll line at the botton which tells why the yellow, 1 lap to go before green, and messages about not trowing someone off the roof until the race is over. I purchased the Game Boy Advance SP, and the Icard at a cost of $300.00. It's my understanding that any Game Boy works, I just chose the Advance SP because of it's compact size. The Icard is about $200.00 of the cost and is good for all tracks. I found it to be a very valuable tool during the race. It also gave the seconds behind each care was behind the leader. It was very interesting to see how the cars were gaining or falling back compared to the leader. At this time I understand that it is available to only hard card persons. If there is interest I'll follow up with a future post.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly: and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have a story

The system is from Kompetition Services for the IRL. Members can either purchase or rent the i-cards at an event. They may also be purchased on line at www.icardus.com. Komp Serv has a limited supply of used Game Boys available at the track for rent or for sale.

The IRL is NOT a distributor for i-card and assumes NO responsibility.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly: and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have a story

Comment

Thank you spotter. I'll keep running this thread up so that the appropiate people can see it.
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

dog I'm sorry I missed the Game Boy thread I just when over and posted on that thread and refered to this one

Comment

I want the service, but I don't want the worthless GameBoy. Do they have something that works with a wireless-enabled PDA?
          "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan
            I want the service, but I don't want the worthless GameBoy. Do they have something that works with a wireless-enabled PDA?
            My question exactly. You beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan
              I want the service, but I don't want the worthless GameBoy.
              Worthless? Worthless???

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
              You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
                Hey, my iPaq might look professional, but it sure can hold a lot of games and mp3s...

Comment

At this time it is only available with the Game Boy no plans in the future for anything else. If you want to use your PDA just dial into the livetiming and scoring web site, for 2 hours

Comment

We've been looking at the Icard and transmitter for use at club races. It's a pretty neat system.

I believe the IRL uses the AMB transponders and timing/scoring system. There is a package for the AMB system that uses PDAs.

But it requires that the T/S feed be broadcast by T/S. It is possible that is already is. We use the AMB system in club racing and broadcast the T/S feed to race control and to driver info via a standard wireless network.

The downside is the wireless network does not have anything near the range of the ICard transmitter. It also requires the wireless network to be open.

Drop by www.amb-us.com for more info.
                    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

where do we rent them?

Comment

Gypsy White is handling this for komp Serv and he is usually with T & S. I will try to get a hold of him to see his availably BTW The IRL AMB system is hard wired.

Comment

By the way, Spotter, don't forget to remind the "old guys" that they may want to get the magnified cover for their game boy. The data is kind of hard to read for those who need to wear cheaters. A game boy purchased at your neighborhood garage sale will work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by spotter
                            At this time it is only available with the Game Boy no plans in the future for anything else. If you want to use your PDA just dial into the livetiming and scoring web site, for 2 hours
                            Sounds like rental at the track is the way to go for me!
                            "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X