Anything from Gateway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything from Gateway?

wasn't RBTC supposed to test yesterday? Even TSO was quiet...

I know there was testing going on...
    I saw on late local news an interview with Foyt IV...
    They mainly talked about the track and how they get the car set up for Gateway. I didn't catch the whole segment.
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

Alex Barron crashed.

Comment

Re: Anything from Gateway?

Originally posted by dironstarr
        wasn't RBTC supposed to test yesterday? Even TSO was quiet...
        It was a private test with media access for a short time around noon

I tried to convince them I needed access to media center all afternoon, they wouldn't believe me

So it wasn't worth the 3.5 hour drive each way

Kentucky was having testing yesterday also and a media day but they were taking media to a golf course IIRC. If it would have been a day at the track media day I would have been there.

Comment

I heard that Tony was really really fast. That's all I know though.
          Support Mockery - Visit www.themockdock.com!

Comment

barron's crash

anyone know the details?

Comment

Anyone?
              "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Ben Stein

Anyone? . . . Anyone? . . . Buehler?

Comment

I believe he took off the right side of his G-Force. If it's bad, somebody might be running a Dallara next week

Comment

Dallara?

Who's Dallara? Nunn's? Nunn has Dallaras? As far as I knew only Penske and Foyt bought both chassis makes.

Is Alex O.K.? Is there any link to this story? Thanks.

Comment

Nunn bought a Dallara (maybe TRD paid for it) early in the season to try it out. Nunn is running low on cars right now. Takagi is testing in the Dallara today.

Comment

Re: Dallara?

Originally posted by keysersoze
                        Who's Dallara? Nunn's? Nunn has Dallaras? As far as I knew only Penske and Foyt bought both chassis makes.

Is Alex O.K.? Is there any link to this story? Thanks.
                        from the IRL website:

Mo Nunn Racing driver Tora Takagi tested a Dallara chassis at Gateway, although the team has used the Panoz G Force chassis in every race this season. Alex Barron, Takagi’s teammate, tested a Panoz G Force.

"Since we went to Gateway for the test with both of our teams, we took the opportunity to test a Dallara chassis that we had on the Pioneer side,” Takagi said. "It was our first time running the Dallara, and it seems that it has its good points. Judging by the data we gathered on the Hollywood side with Alex driving, it seems the (Panoz) G Force has its good points on the track, too."

The only accident of the test came near the end of the day July 30 when Barron, driver of the No. 21 Hollywood Mo Nunn Racing Panoz G Force/Toyota/Firestone, made contact with the outside retaining wall in Turn 4. He was uninjured.

"The car just turned on me," Barron said. "Nothing more. Until then we'd been having a pretty good test, and we're looking forward to next week."

LINK
                        relax

it's only politics

Comment

Did Takagi really say all that! I've never heard him say more the than: "Tora Takagi, car number 12".

Comment

That's kind of a translation, Ron. What he actually said was, "Ah so. Darrara joto. G Force joto. Tora joto. Mo Nunn ichi bon."
                            Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X