John Barne's Response to Panther cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Barne's Response to Panther cheating

John Barnes responded to someone asking him about the allegations.

http://www.pantherracing.com/phorum/...&i=2106&t=2081

When isn't it more Robin Miller BS? I will tell you this, up until about 18 months ago I was in the CART must survive, let CART alone camp. Then as more and more CARTisans hammered IndyCar, whether in the media or especially here at TF, I have become the CART hater that I today am today, believing they must go away due to their own mismanagement before there can be peace in open wheel racing. Even then, as bad as CART has torn itself apart from within, Tony George will be forever blamed.

Robin Miller, single handedly, has done more to foster, nurture and prolong the split BS then any single individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
      When isn't it more Robin Miller BS?
      I'm not sure he even knows when he is telling the truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Brent_the_Lazier_fan
        I'm not sure he even knows when he is telling the truth...
        You can tell if he is lying...it only happens when he speaks or writes.

Comment

If true, I am not suprised with CART. Sabotage of the IRL made good business sense for a Euro-ethically corrupt company. What I find unbelievable is that RM would prostitute himself for such a low amount given the massive destruction he inflictes.

Him compromising a sport he allegedly cares for such chump change is frankly beyond belief.

Further, that the IRL and ESPN has done nothing to deal with bird boy is amazing and clearly the leagues biggest failure.

Comment

Originally posted by everyindysince70
            Further, that the IRL and ESPN has done nothing to deal with bird boy is amazing and clearly the leagues biggest failure.
            That still confuses me. ABC/ESPN are the IRL's broadcast partner, but they continue to keep Robin on the payroll spewing his anit-IRL bullshirt. He was even at Michigan instead of Vancouver last weekend. Why? To make up more stories about the IRL. He just didn't want to go to Canada and have to deal with the possibility of the death of his beloved CART. Robin, go back to where you came from.
            The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

In that post Barnes says that Sam didn't jump the start but a poster links him to a thread here that shows official timing and scoring which shows that at the start finish line Sam had clearly passed the three cars in front of him and was leading. I'll try to link this here but you know how I am at links..........

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...0&pagenumber=3

It was in a post by CADMAN on page three.
              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Looks like Robin Miller is making more friends...

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
                  In that post Barnes says that Sam didn't jump the start but a poster links him to a thread here that shows official timing and scoring which shows that at the start finish line Sam had clearly passed the three cars in front of him and was leading. I'll try to link this here but you know how I am at links..........

Dog, I was going to post the same link but you beat me to it. Sometimes, statistics don't lie. I hope part of the Cartilization of the IRL does not include ostrich behaviour. Sam did jump the start by any objective or subjective measure; whether it had any bearing on the final results is another matter.

Comment

If it is true that Robin is being paid by CART then I think we need one of our(what the heck is wrong with our) Broadcast partner threads by Defender.
                    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

What did people expect from John Barnes? An admission of guilt?!

Besides, just because CAD Man posted what the rulebook says, it is quite possible that Brian Barnhart's instructions in the drivers meeting said to go when the green flag is displayed. And what is said in the drivers meeting is more important than what the rulebook says.

Comment

so, now that it's common knowledge that RM has been on C^RT's payroll for the last 8 years, will ESPN offer up any kind of apology to the IRL fans for allowing this jerkff air time?

I wonder; did JK know about RM's affiliation with C^RT?
                        http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the racing start when the green flag is waved and not at the start/finish line? If this is true, then the data means nothing other than Sam got a great start.
                          Zoooooooooooom!

Comment

HerbieIsHere, genereally you are correct. The way it's supposed to be is that on the actual start of the race the pole car is supposed to be the first car to cross the starting line. This is not true on restarts. On restarts the racing starts the moment that the green comes out. If the is in third turn of a track and the green comes out the racing has started. It happens all of the time that the lead car gets passed before they cross the line. As stated before the pole car is supposed to cross the starting line first only on the actual start of the race. With a very few exceptions this rule has never been enforced. Basically the green comes out and everyone goes for it. If they did enforce this rule about half of all Indianapolis 500 starts would have been called off.

Comment

Just as a note:
                              According to rule 7.8C and Cad's data all of the following drivers jumped the start:

Sam Hornish
                              Scott Dixon
                              Alex Barron
                              Roger Yasukawa
                              Brian Herta
                              Never Drink and Drive, Use a 3-Iron...

"Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing." - Robin Miller to CCWS

http://koorsenmfg.com

http://www.mulsannescorner.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X