X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy under lights

Wouldn't it be nice

[IMG]http://www.imshospitality.com/images/mapbutton.jpg[/IMG]
    I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

I would love to see the Brickyard 400 under lights on a Saturday night!

"I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Originally posted by Teej
      I would love to see the Brickyard 400 under lights on a Saturday night!

Me too...I think that would save that annual parade...
      Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy
        Me too...I think that would save that annual parade...
        TONY NASCAR NBC are you listening?

Comment

IMS Lights?

I think the major problems with lighting the track would not be the track, but 300,000 thousnad people trying to find their cars in the Coke & other parking lots after the race in the DARK!
          It's a non wing thing...........................you wouldn't understand
          My YouTube racing video's
          www.QueenCityMotorsports.com

Comment

Daytona ,Texas Charlotte do it .
            maybe not 350k but still a lot of people.
            It's not like Indianapolis goes dark after sunset.
            Go down georgetown rd after sunset its lit up pretty good!

Comment

Re: IMS Lights?

Originally posted by itsanonwingthing
              I think the major problems with lighting the track would not be the track, but 300,000 thousnad people trying to find their cars in the Coke & other parking lots after the race in the DARK!
              ...and the neighborhoods would love it too!!

Bad enough having 'wandering drunks' stumble through your yard into the early evening, now you're talking drunks wandering the neighborhoods till well after midnight.
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Re: Re: IMS Lights?

Originally posted by indyracefan

Bad enough having 'wandering drunks' stumble through your yard into the early evening, now you're talking drunks wandering the neighborhoods till well after midnight.
                Last time I checked, the night before the "500" can be described as just that.

Really though, what's one night? If they can get the infrastructure and the logistics settled, I think they could do it. However, it's not like the race HAS to end at midnight...if they started it around 6, it would be over around 9 something...and people wouldn't have to work the next morning...

Probably won't happen unless NBC renews their contract for the "second half" of the NASCAR season. From what I have heard, NBC is hot to trot for the NFL contract as soon as it becomes availible. The current NBC contract with NASCAR ends with the 2006 season, and the current NFL (with CBS, FOX, ABC/ESPN) contract runs up after the 2006 season...gee...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that's NOT a coincidence (when NBC negotiated with NASCAR, they only signed thru '06, FOX signed thru '08). Word on the street is that FOX may decide 13 seasons (wow!) will be enough football after 2006, but word is also that CBS's chance to renew NFL is dead unless NBC drops out last minute...

Only time will tell...
                Doctorindy.com

Comment

I know I'm in the minority on this, but... personally, I'd love to see a second IRL date at the speedway, under the lights, maybe Labor day weekend? Some sort of special format - twin 200's, perhaps?
                  I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake
                    I know I'm in the minority on this, but... personally, I'd love to see a second IRL date at the speedway, under the lights, maybe Labor day weekend? Some sort of special format - twin 200's, perhaps?
                    he11 no!!!!!!
                    The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

NO
                      "I'm a Rodeo-de-oh-deo-deo-de-Cowboy borderin on the Insane"

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't lead a hortaculture"

"When The Going Get's Wierd, The Wierd Turn Pro"

Comment

Re: Re: IMS Lights?

Originally posted by indyracefan

This is the worst excuse I can think of why not to do it. When it comes to this you have to ask your self one question what was there first? The track or the neighborhood?

I have seen too many race tracks be destroyed because idiot people move in next to them and then complain about the noise or the people. If you don't want to deal with those things don't buy a house next to a race track. :mad:

Outlaw

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake
                          Deb
                          I'm with you on this
                          Twin 200s seem great to me.
                          Why is it Daytona can have events all year and Indy can't

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Red
                            Why is it Daytona can have events all year and Indy can't
                            It should be obvious
                            The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

If IMS adds lights I hope its to attract the ALMS for a 24 Hours at Indianapolis. That would be cool.
                              For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X