• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open Letter to GM Racing: Time Is Right for Jeff Gordon at Indy 500

From I.N. Sider:

An Open Letter to GM Racing: Time Is Right for Jeff Gordon at Indy 500

Forget Gordon. Send us Dale Jr.
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

[email protected], send Jeff, and Dale Jr., and Kevin, and Matt, and Ryan, and...

Hey, if CART goes to that great Road Racing Graveyard In the Sky, don't be surprised if suddenly a whole lot of NASCAR folk "do the double." Not such a bad thing...
      "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
      --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon
        Hey, if CART goes to that great Road Racing Graveyard In the Sky, don't be surprised if suddenly a whole lot of NASCAR folk "do the double." Not such a bad thing...
        Perhaps it's just me, but I fail to see why CART buying the farm will have any influence on NASCAR drivers doing the double.
        "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Ohhh, I'm just working on the assumption some here have that, once CART is gone, NASCAR will get a lot nastier towards the IRL--and what better way to do that than send your best drivers to cherry-pick your competition's greatest race?

But hey, Indy's never been about a single series, traditionally anyway. I want the best of the best at Indianapolis in May; don't care what series they normally run in. Bring it!
          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
          --Danny Noonan

Comment

My guess would be it would be mainly the drivers decisions not to race in the Induiapolis 500...
            "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

The latest Ed Hinton article in today's Chicago Tribune has him claiming Jeff Gordon is aiming to tie AJ, Big Al and Rick with his 4th win at Indy. OK at least I don't consider Ed the idiot he was but he still has the stupid moment. Even Jeff Gordon is quoted as saying were he to win a 4th Brickyard it wouldn't match what those guys had accomplished.

You win Indy in May, you win the Brickyard in August, Ed.

As from above I don't see CART being around or not making a difference as to any NASCAR drivers coming for the double. Only a change in the day of the Coca Cola 600 will get Tony, John and Ryan to do it and some sponsor tie ins to draw Jeff and Dale jr.

Nor do I see NASCAR which is the other side of the coin of ISC ever taking an adversarial role with the IRL. Bill France wants to sell tickets at his racetracks, NASCAR sells a lot right now he would love to see the IRL sell a lot in the future because he would make more money. He would want people pushing refrigerators around the track on furniture dollies if he could sell tickets to it and make more money.
              "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
              "They're criminals"
              "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Time Is Right for Jeff Gordon at Indy 500

Time Is Right for Jeff Gordon at Indy 500

At least he won't have to worry about Tony Stewart being there.
                I find facts to be neither insulting nor complimentary; the facts just are. - doitagain

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X