IRL to run 2 - 3 road races ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL to run 2 - 3 road races ......

Havn't I told for years that this would happen... fuel nozzels on both sides of car, Penske, Chip, Mikey, Toyota, Honda, plus some of the old IRL teams (Cheever and Kelly) want to do a few road races..ones I'd like to see. Plus back in 1996 the IRL said it would be an oval series with a couple of road races, just like Nascar....
    1. Long Beach
    2. Toronto
    3. Watkin Glen or Road America

ATTENTION IRL:

BUILD A BETTER FAN BASE!!!!!

The best way to do that is race more, so do 22 oval races and 8 road courses.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ-Sean
      ATTENTION IRL:

BUILD A BETTER FAN BASE!!!!!

The best way to do that is race more, so do 22 oval races and 8 road courses.

I agree, except I would do 20 ovals and 4 road courses. 24 race schedule IMHO would be excellent. Too bad they couldn't just run the rr's at the beginning of the season and then have the ovals from there on out
      RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

That wouldn't cost much now would it . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 220mph
          That wouldn't cost much now would it . . .

Oh He!! No,,, 220 MPH Man,,,

YOU KNOW,,, a few Million here,,,, and a few Million there,,,,

He!! in time,,,, you might even be talking about real money...

Mr.... 220 Man,,,, question,,,, do you know what sound a Gooney Bird or Ostrich make... Just wondering....
          Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

kinda hard to hear an ostrich ain't it?

if an ostrich screams in the woods can anyone hear it through the ground?

An ostriching we will go . . .

Comment

No one is surprised that the addition of road courses appears to be inevitable.

That doesn't mean everyone is happy about it.

I wonder how the additional "few million here and there" will affect a series, already struggling to put 21 cars on the grid?
              Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manson
                I wonder how the additional "few million here and there" will affect a series, already struggling to put 21 cars on the grid?
                Well, I remember back in 1991, when the economy was in about the same shape as today, that there were only 21 cars at the Cart Michigan 500 and a few other races too.

Remember a few years ago when sponsorsip was a little easier to find? We had 27 & 28 car grids at most of the races.

It will come back around (I hope! ).

Comment

How about this - 2 road races - no points awarded.
                  "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

yep, "years," if you say it long enough it may happen, but the fact is that you have been wrong for years and road racing is wrong for IndyCar, even Penske knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by indyracer56
                      Well, I remember back in 1991, when the economy was in about the same shape as today, that there were only 21 cars at the Cart Michigan 500 and a few other races too.

Remember a few years ago when sponsorsip was a little easier to find? We had 27 & 28 car grids at most of the races.

It will come back around (I hope! ).
                      Yes, and a few years ago (assuming you're talking about the real IRL years from 96-2000), it took much less of that sponsorship to put a car on the grid. And those sponsors got more exposure.
                      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

It looks like it will happen with or without the demise of another group.

If the other goes "bellyup," I would like to see:

Mid-Ohio
                        Cleveland as an oval
                        Longbeach
                        Road America

added to the schedule.
                        Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

"How about this - 2 road races - no points awarded."
                          I think you are onto something MichaelP.

If guys like Aj Foyt Jr. don't want to pony up the additional $ 150,000 for road course setups then make it so that it doesn't effect their points for at least a couple of years, but the brass inside IndyCar should make it a point to notify said owner st aht we will be running road/street course point races regularly if that's not what they have already done last weekend in Michigan ...
                          "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Originally posted by SactoIndyFan
                            Too bad they couldn't just run the rr's at the beginning of the season and then have the ovals from there on out
                            How do they mount the snowplows on the cars for the Watkins Glen and Road America races in February or March?
                            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                            "They're criminals"
                            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X