Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's sum up all the alledged Panther cheating / IRL favortism...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's sum up all the alledged Panther cheating / IRL favortism...

So, based on the facts presented here....

1) Panther had an illegal engine, one that should not have been allowed.

2) Sam jumped the start, and passed cars before the S/F, which is in violation of the rules, without penalty.

3) Sam was speeding on pit lane, again without penalty

4) IRL race control asked Panther if they needed a fuel stop, so that they could stay on the lead lap - clearly unfair.

5) Sam and Panther were in colusion with the IRL and Chevy to present the Chevy as a strong engine, but not strong enough to actually win the race, therefore causing Honda/Toyo uproar.

What else am I missing?

And despite all this help, Panther still lost. If Panther can be dealt that big of a handicapping edge, and still lose, why are the other teams even worried?

Are they worried about Panther and Sam, or are they worried about a "league supported" Panther and Sam?
    "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

matt, I think it's an asstrological phenomenon:
    The brilliance of the IRL's future is causing widespread panic manifesting itself in frantic finger flailing and conspiracy concoctions.

Just remember: The better it gets the louder the wailing .
    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Don't forget the closely related "we have to give Panther a gift so that we can keep Hornish in the IRL next year".

Comment

Addressing the major complaints I've heard.

1 - The Gen IV isn't even a Chevy, its a Ford

Well the Ilmor isn't really a Honda, its a Mercedes. How 'bout we call those engines the 'Ford Cosworth Chevrolet Generation Four" and the "Ilmor Chrysler Mercedes Honda"

2 - How come they just introduce a new engine midseason, bending the rules NASCAR-style to even things out?

The Cosworth had already been submitted and approved; it just wasn't until just now that they found a major manufacturer (Chevy) to badge it.

3 - Chip complaining how come he can't just do a one-off engine.

If he had a legal engine designed and built and got a major manufacturer to badge it, he could use it.
        Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Re: Let's sum up all the alledged Panther cheating / IRL favortism...

Originally posted by mattndallas

What else am I missing?
          A super race of alien beings sent Sam here to Earth to escape the destruction of their planet....

Comment

Re: Let's sum up all the alledged Panther cheating / IRL favortism...

What else am I missing?

Barron pointing out that the engine sounded differently when pulling away.
            Man to Man is so unjust... there's no Man you can Trust.

Comment

Re: Re: Let's sum up all the alledged Panther cheating / IRL favortism...

Originally posted by Brickman
              Barron pointing out that the engine sounded differently when pulling away.
              Ahh yes.

Was this the alleged illegal rev-limiter, hidden turbo and/or nitrous theory?
              "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Don't forget Kevin Blanch moving into tech...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 11 posts.

Molon Labe!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Let's sum up all the alledged Panther cheating / IRL favortism...

Ahh yes.

Yes. It was all three. Simultaneously.
                  "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                  --Danny Noonan

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Let's sum up all the alledged Panther cheating / IRL favortism...

Ahh yes.

Dunno

"ALEX BARRON: I get it. Sorry. I'm a little slow. Yeah, I mean, I was running with him for 20 laps straight. Like five laps from the end, I don't know if the funny button got pushed or what, but he took off. He had a little bit more power. I was talking on the radio saying, 'Something happened. The engine changed note, and he's pulling forward a little bit.' I didn't know what it was. I didn't have one of those, so I was a little bit worried (laughter). He seemed to come back the last two laps. He seemed to come back somewhere to what my speed was, then he just got a good run. "

Richer fuel?

What could be done that would change the note of the engine besides winding up faster?

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff

Just remember: The better it gets the louder the wailing . [/B]
                      Right on. And in addition to that, the worse it gets for the other guys, the more venomous the wailing gets.

You have to wonder if those people actually like racing or just b*tching about it.
                      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Don't forget there are a myriad of engine controls available to the driver. Any one of which could cause a slight change in the "note" of the engine.

Alex has all those buttons on his wheel also, but he may have already been using the "pass" button
                        We flipped our finger to the King of England
                        Stole our country from the Indians
                        With god on our side and guns in our hands
                        We took it for our own!

Comment

They are using dilithium crystals in their illegal warp engine.

That is why the new tech guy is only known as "Scotty".

Also in the works are a cloaking device, a bank of phasers, and something known as a "power-stage magnatomic flux chiller".

Comment

Sam accelerated up to 88 miles per hour, then what Barron heard was a 1.21 gigawatt Mr. Fusion generator light up the flux capacitor.
                            "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                            “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                            "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Originally posted by Lemming51
                              Sam accelerated up to 88 miles per hour, then what Barron heard was a 1.21 gigawatt Mr. Fusion generator light up the flux capacitor.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X