X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL Road race at Indy

While listening to the Mich. local radio program
    after the race they kept talking about next year
    the IRL was planning on running Sat before the F1 race?
    This is my first day back,
    did I miss something other than the announcement that to get the cars ready for road racing
    I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

I hope not. I think they should get rid of the F1 race. The cars are too similar to Indycars. Get rid of F1, they are openwheel competition.
    It only matters if you think it matters. - Klicky

Comment

Well, damit, if there HAS to be a road race for the IRL, it should be at Indy.
      That said:
      :mad: NO RIGHT TURNS:mad:
      ...---...

Comment

Outside of being open wheel and using naturally aspirated style engines, there isn't much else in common between Indy cars and F1 cars.

I say IMS should keep the F1 race if they can, but with no supporting IRL road race beforehand.

The inevitable technology, speed, team, sponsorship and driver comparisons would not help the IRL generate positive publicity and help in building it's fan base. Better to run something on the Brickyard 400 weekend. Leave USGP weekend for F1 fans.

Comment

they were talking about it b/c a guy called in and said that it was a rumor that he had heard. The guy that called in didn't seem to be too well informed, he needs to check out TF and subscribe to TSO
          Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
          Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

There's already too much racing at Indy, and it all detracts from the 500. Junk, rigged, IPS racing was the last straw.

Comment

An IRL road race at Indy?

NO.

'Nuff said.
              Last edited by skypigeon; 07-29-2003, 12:16 PM.
              "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
              --Danny Noonan

Comment

I agree, two IndyCar races a year at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway would be way too much and detract from the 500, but if F1 bails out on IMS after the current contract they would have a road course and no one to run on it.

I meant to do a thread on this before but since Toyota is in the IRL how come Toyota Atlantics isn't a support race for the Grand Prix (other then the series is owned by CART) ?

"I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

ABSOLUTELY NOT

There should only ever be one IndyCar race at IMS. Period.
                  The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X