Team Kelley and AUJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Kelley and AUJ

Can anyone tell me what the logic was in not pitting Al under the last caution at MIS? This is the second race in a row that stupid decisions were made in pit stratgey. Nashville was the same way. Instead of a top 5 finish the last two races, Al finsihed last on on the lead lap. He could and should have been 5th in points instead of sixth. I couldn't believe it when I saw Al not pitting under the last caution. Team Kelley, WTF are you thinking??? There was no way Al was going to be able to stay in front running lean. The Corteco pit crew is one of the fastest in the IRL and would have had him out in the top three. Once the last caution came out, any pit strategy went out the window. This is total BS! Shame on you Team Kelley! :mad:

Re: Team Kelley and AUJ

Originally posted by NMRacer
    Can anyone tell me what the logic was in not pitting Al under the last caution at MIS? This is the second race in a row that stupid decisions were made in pit stratgey. Nashville was the same way. Instead of a top 5 finish the last two races, Al finsihed last on on the lead lap. He could and should have been 5th in points instead of sixth. I couldn't believe it when I saw Al not pitting under the last caution. Team Kelley, WTF are you thinking??? There was no way Al was going to be able to stay in front running lean. The Corteco pit crew is one of the fastest in the IRL and would have had him out in the top three. Once the last caution came out, any pit strategy went out the window. This is total BS! Shame on you Team Kelley! :mad:
    Logic? It kept him from beating Sharp didn't it? That's all Team Kelly seems worried about. Two races in a row Al runs hard and fast, pit crew does a great job, and "Pit Strategist" throw it away. He'd do better running for Foyt.:mad:
    "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

They really "had relations with the canine" on this one and Al didn't sound too pleased at all after the race. It's one thing to try a different fuel strategy early or mid-race, but when the race is on the line and every other lead lap car comes in, there really is only one direction to go. There was no way Al was going to be able to stay in front of a gaggle of full-rich runners on a superspeedway. No idea what Kelley was thinking there...

Comment

Read the post-race quote on the IRL website. Seems Unser was not too happy about that decision either!
        Have attended: Indy 500 (34), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (4), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X