Next expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next expansion

It appears that the IRL will have 17 races next year -- added Las Vegas and Milwaukee, minus St. Louis and the league will add two road courses in 2005 (That is just based on all the rumors here). That gives the IRL 19 races. They will likely top out at 20-22 events. Where should the next IRL expansion be?

The second part to that is what is the status of the oval in Brazil. With so many Brazillians in the IRL, is it possible to give the track in the Fittipaldi's neighborhood another try? The last go around with CART, they failed to come up with enough sanctioning fee, I think. For all of the posters who like ovals, this would be another oval to the series. It would make more sense to go there than Europe. Feel free to tell me that this just a pipe dream, but from a marketing standpoint, I think it would be worth another go.

Now that Cosworth is in the league, we should run Rockingham (UK). If we add a German manufactuer anytime soon, then the German oval. I'm not real keen on racing in Canada or Mexico. Ovals only outside the US and 2-3 roadcourses (like Penske says) East, West & Mid-west.
    the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Seems like the sanctioning fee issue would be moot with the IRL. I would bet the Brazilian race fans would come out in droves to see thier drivers race in thier home country.
      Have attended: Indy 500 (34), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (4), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Great, now we have to go to Germany too since the Honda is actually a DaimlerChrysler Illmore.
        Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

HOUSTON
          "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by Hardscrabble
            Great, now we have to go to Germany too since the Honda is actually a DaimlerChrysler Illmore.
            but the Ilmore shop is in the UK.....
            the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Houston, because it's going to be a nontraditional oval and Iowa, because it's going to be a 7/8th mile short track!
              The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan
                but the Ilmore shop is in the UK.....
                And the HPD and TRD shops are in the US, but we're still going over to Japan.
                He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

I believe the track in Brazil is no more???

Personally I'd like to see them go back to some of the venues that had trouble in the early years. Loudon would be one, but I have a thing for the one milers, and, not that we need any more mile and a halfs, I'd like to see them back at Charlotte, so many race fans in that town. And I hope they don't drop Gateway just yet.

I also see no reason for international events at this time, unless its ovals in Canada or Mexico.

"I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else."

Comment

NO MORE RACES OUTSIDE THE US EXCEPT IF THEY GO TO CANADA

Comment

Northern Mexico ( Arizona )

If it weren't for the United States military,
                      there'd be NO United States of America.

Your son is depriving a village some where of an 'idiot'

Comment

Originally posted by NJ-Sean
                        NO MORE RACES OUTSIDE THE US EXCEPT IF THEY GO TO CANADA
                        Canada isn't in the US? Aren't they at least a territory or annex or something? Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by fatusone
                          Canada isn't in the US? Aren't they at least a territory or annex or something? Eh?
                          The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosco
                            Northern Mexico ( Arizona )

Thanks for reminding me...
                            To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 11 posts.

Molon Labe!

Comment

"Seems like the sanctioning fee issue would be moot with the IRL. I would bet the Brazilian race fans would come out in droves to see thier drivers race in thier home country."

You make it sound like where a driver is from would have something to do with fan following?
                              Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X