Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, Road Courses; Why Not Add Dirt Tracks, Too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, Road Courses; Why Not Add Dirt Tracks, Too?

It sounds like road courses are in cards for the IRL pretty soon. OK, if that's the way it is. But wouldn't it be neat if at least one mile dirt track could be added to the schedule as well? If you have to have another car only for road courses why not get one more just for the mile dirt tracks? You could use the present Silver Crown type cars but make them run the same engines (Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet) that are run in the regular IRL cars. Teams wouldn't have to worry about any 3 year chassis rules. They could probably run the same dirt car for ten years with no changes. Maybe the IRL could just run one dirt track each year and alternate between several tracks (Indiana State Fairgrounds, Syracuse, DuQuoin, Springfield, Sacramento, etc.). I know it won't happen and it sounds a little crazy but it would be the darndest show that racing has seen in years. And I'll bet that some of today's IRL drivers would soon look forward to the race each year so that they could have a little fun in the dirt. Wouldn't it be fun to watch Helio or Sam or even Sarah "back 'er in" once a year?

Where did you ever get such a crazy idea?
    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Crazy as this topic is, it would work better than having NASCAR on dirt. At least the dirt tracks mentioned above should be able to handle the "crowds" that would be attending.

Comment

CART has not raced on dirt tracks (that I know of), so that doesnt fit the business model for the IRL. The IRL is geared to become a perfect clone of CART.

Comment

Originally posted by OutKast
          The IRL is geared to become a perfect clone of CART.
          Ooh Ooh, then can I play you??
          The IRL is gonna need an ignorant moron fan, if they're gonna be a perfect clone of CART.
          "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
          Vice President, Marketing
          IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Maybe a loop and a jump?

Sponsored by Hot Wheels...
            To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 11 posts.

Molon Labe!

Comment

It would be a winner
              an instant source of notoriety
              turn some heads and bring in desperately needed new fans
              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by CamKing
                Ooh Ooh, then can I play you??
                The IRL is gonna need an ignorant moron fan, if they're gonna be a perfect clone of CART.
                Wassup with the personal attack?

I was being sarcastic with my statement.

Comment

Originally posted by CamKing

The IRL is gonna need an ignorant moron fan, if they're gonna be a perfect clone of CART. [/B]
                  they are going to need a heck of alot more than just one.
                  "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

[B]CART has not raced on dirt tracks (that I know of).......,
                    Just when did you start watching anyway?
                    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Wassup with the personal attack?

I was being sarcastic with my statement.
                      Oh stop it Mr. King, now you've gone and done it, you have hurt little outkast's feelings. I hope you are happy now.
                      "I'm a Rodeo-de-oh-deo-deo-de-Cowboy borderin on the Insane"

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't lead a hortaculture"

"When The Going Get's Wierd, The Wierd Turn Pro"

Comment

They are talking like it is going to cost an additional $125,000 to just prepare for road racing. Seems like you could get a pretty good silver crown car for that.

If I remember right the excuse given for getting rid of the champ cars was the expense of different cars. Looks to me like it cost more to go road racing than it does to go dirt track racing.
                        I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

Use rear engined supermodified types instead - similar to those ones they use up in NY.

Put wings, etc on them, and paint them like just like the IRL pavement cars....

see how many F-oneabees come rolling through the series then.
                          "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

World of Outlaws series does it as well as anyone on dirt. IRL might want to sanction that series, but I doubt if the WoO will give up control.

Ruts in the road make clearance am impossible problem for an IRL chassis.

Not very likely.
                            "When the music stops playing, Roger Penske will always find a seat"
                            Danny Sullivan

Comment

How about one round for monster trucks?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X