Two Day Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Day Events

Why does the IRL have so many 2 day events this year? It seems like all the 2 day events get overlooked a lot more easily.

We can be sure that tonight's RPM will have lots of info on CART and NASCAR, because they have on track action to talk about. There just won't be anything "news" coming out of the IRL camp.

IMHO, the 2 day events might be cheaper for the teams, but they really fly "under the radar" by starting the weekend later than everyone else.

Its better for the fans who have to travle there. More action for your buck in two days time.
    Go IV!

Comment

I would think two day events are ok IF nascar is running saturday night. It will be interesting to see where the nascar crowd goes sunday as far as watching on tv whether CART or IRL gets the most fans.

Comment

I don't agree with much you have to say Joebob, but on this I do. I hate 2 day events. There is no buildup.

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: MicroRacer ]
        I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

Two day events are better for EVERYONE involved. One less hotel day for all the teams, traveling media, support personell, and the fans.

The trade off is no big news gets generated. Normally Friday is "media day" where the local press gets pace car rides, etc. So, there should be some news coming from the track.

The IRL is getting more stable, and that in itself slows the volume of news coming out mid week.
          We flipped our finger to the King of England
          Stole our country from the Indians
          With god on our side and guns in our hands
          We took it for our own!

Comment

Two day shows are much easier to budget for.
            www.tracksideonline.com
            Dan Schlosser
            Go fast, turn left !
            www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
            Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

two day shows benefit the bigger budgeted teams.

More practice time in the three day events.

Also sucks cause three day events mean more days on vacation

Comment

what step said, sitting here in my hotel room for the first night instead of the second night
                SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

The only race I could attend this year was RIR, which was a 2 day event. The better financed teams tested there. Those with lesser budgets struggled because of less practice time.
                  quote:
                  "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Originally posted by step33T:
                    <STRONG>Two day events are better for EVERYONE involved. One less hotel day for all the teams, traveling media, support personell, and the fans.

The trade off is no big news gets generated. </STRONG>
                    The thing is, "news" is what the league needs. When many companies get into financial trouble the first thing to be cut is the advertising budget. However to weather the financial trouble, the company should advertise more heavily to bring in new business. It's a tough concept for most small businesses, but it works (if the business is viable at all).

Again, one of the big things the IRL could use is more publicity. If they want to run 2 day events, they need to find a way to be involved in "Media Day" so the Sunday event isn't overlooked on Friday.
                    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Vernon:
                      <STRONG> More action for your buck in two days time.</STRONG>
                      I have to say that makes no sense what so-ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MicroRacer:
                        <STRONG>I hate 2 day events. There is no buildup.</STRONG>
                        Two day events are cheaper for the teams. Two day events are cheaper for the league. Two day events are cheaper for the tracks.

I love two day events, especially if they would dump qualifying and line them up based on points.
                        "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X