No announcement yet.

How will the 1 car operations compete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will the 1 car operations compete?

Based on the Star article from this morning, it appears that there will be several multi-car operations next year. Penske, Kelley, Foyt, Cheever, Ganassi, Nunn, Menard, Andretti, and Panther are all strong possibilities for 2 car teams.

This begs the question, how will the one-car operations compete? Should they share data? Combine into new multi-car teams? Maintain the status quo?
    "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Panther did OK as a one car team. I think the real question isn't multi-car v. one car, its well sponsored v. no/little sponsored. A well funded one car operation will be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe in LA:
      <STRONG>Panther did OK as a one car team. I think the real question isn't multi-car v. one car, its well sponsored v. no/little sponsored. A well funded one car operation will be OK.</STRONG>
      IIRC Hemelgarn did better in 2k after dropping the Wattles effort.
      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

After reading Joe's post, he states it very well.

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: stnkypete ]

Comment

Originally posted by Joe in LA:
          <STRONG>Panther did OK as a one car team. I think the real question isn't multi-car v. one car, its well sponsored v. no/little sponsored. A well funded one car operation will be OK.</STRONG>
          especially if GM and TG are making sure that the team in question gets all the top secret hi-po parts and under the table funding...

Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

one-car teams will line up where the qualify and do the best they can. Let's see, Panther has won this year, so has Blair. Then there is Giaffone and Ward as single-car team winners. That is FOUR, looks like one-car teams will win over 25% of the races this year. Some people spend too much time worrying about IRL issues they have no control over.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
              <STRONG>...looks like one-car teams will win over 25% of the races this year.</STRONG>
              I hate to be a geek, but since Panther has won 3 races... and Blair, Nunn, and TCGR one each, that's 50% so far. (6/12)
              Quit whining. Enjoy the racing.

Comment

Originally posted by tom91:
                <STRONG>

I hate to be a geek, but since Panther has won 3 races... and Blair, Nunn, and TCGR one each, that's 50% so far. (6/12)</STRONG>
                geek, that is over 50% isn't it, now, but there are three left!

We gotta start ignoring the doom and gloom writers in the Scar

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X