Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Counts

http://www.indystar.com/article.php?racing23.html

In the office of IRL vice president Brian Barnhart is a participation list that he frequently adjusts. It currently includes 32 cars for 2003. Some are stronger possibilities than others.

Barnhart knows that the CART team of Fernandez Racing will move the car driven by Japan's Shingi Nakano to the IRL because of Nakano's ties to Honda. Barnhart is confident Nunn, Panther, Ganassi and Menard will add second cars to their current programs. Kelley is expected to keep its three-car package and Walker is targeted to rejoin the league with Takagi.

Barnhart has the Andretti/Green venture for three IRL cars. Several smaller current IRL teams -- 310, Schmidt, Treadway and Bradley, among them -- should be able to scrape together funds for one car each. Foyt and Cheever figure to go the other direction -- dropping from three cars to two next season.
    Anyone with comments on this list??? A little optimistic perhaps, but interesting. . .
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

28-30 would be outstanding. 32 @ a place like Richomd would be too many.

Comment

Too much is never enough Hawk

Comment

Quals would mean more at every event! I agree with joe, the more the merrier! If 32 is too much, there is an alternative that will be happy with 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk72:
            <STRONG>28-30 would be outstanding. 32 @ a place like Richomd would be too many.</STRONG>
            can you say BUMP?
            Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

I am just curious who Michael will put in his cars and where Scheckter will end up. Also curious to see what drivers get rides in the IPS for next year. What an exciting silly season it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk72:
                <STRONG>28-30 would be outstanding. 32 @ a place like Richomd would be too many.</STRONG>
                Richmond would be limited to 28 qualifiers plus 2 provisionals, as are all short ovals currently.
                No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Heath Hamilton ="can you say BUMP?"

With 32 cars a little bumping would be possible and fun. It sure would liven up the quals. I hope it happens.

Comment

I noticed he didn't mention anything regarding Hemelgran, even on the 1 car teams. Anyone know/heard anything ??
                    "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

I noticed he didn't mention anything regarding Hemelgran, even on the 1 car teams. Anyone know/heard anything ??
                      Ron has confirmed that Coors Light will be back next year as the primary, but no official word on Buddy. There are Lazier to Ganassi rumors, but I think Buddy is too loyal to Ron to move.
                      "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

There was a mention of 2 TCGR in CART, but no new news of a 2nd TCGR IRL team.

C'mon Chip, how about 3 in the IRL and 0 in CART.

Quit dippin' your foot in the pool and jump on in. Roger says the water's nice, and he promises not to dunk you.
                        "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

I believe the IRL's starting grid limit is 28 plus 2 provisionals for tracks 1 mi or less, 30 plus 2 for tracks larger than 1 mi. Jim Guthrie has the dubious distinction of being the only guy ever bumped from an IRL grid (Pheonix '98). I don't see why that grid couldn't be expanded at places like Michigan, Fontana and a road course or two, provided the cars are meeting a safe mininum speed.
                          "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Originally posted by mattndallas:
                            <STRONG>There was a mention of 2 TCGR in CART, but no new news of a 2nd TCGR IRL team.

C'mon Chip, how about 3 in the IRL and 0 in CART.

Quit dippin' your foot in the pool and jump on in. Roger says the water's nice, and he promises not to dunk you.</STRONG>
                            from the article...
                            "Barnhart is confident Nunn, Panther, Ganassi and Menard will add second cars to their current programs."

he'll have a two car team...but will he really run against 8 other cars in C*ART?

the man in expensive shoes

Comment

one month before the season starts we will still be trying to sort it out, just like last year, why get your shorts in a knot this soon, no way anyone is going to be accurate.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X