Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how it is

1. CART is not going to fail .

why do I think that? well, I 'm an IRL guy since day one at WDW.

but next year I 'm going to st. pete. and if I can scare up the cash , I 'm going to miami in october.

why ?

why not. I don't like city street races on tv, but in person I 'll bet it's a gas.

2. the IRL ain't gonna run street courses.

why?

because CART ain't gonna fail .

3. let's talk about something else.

get over the split. there is no split . there are two distinct series.

enjoy the cart race in montreal and the irl race in st looey.

It's a brand new day.

goin to homestead?
    Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

Hope you enjoy paying top $$$ for a not so good seat and watching the race and Qual. and seeing each car come by every Two (2) minutes for a total View of at least 10 seconds each 2 minutes and maybe you will see 1 pass all weekend, Good Luck not for me I did it one time $600.00 for 3 seats and I did see one pass and that was when a car spun

Comment

hey rok, it might be that, unlike us old farts, you gotta stay up past 9pm and enjoy the "party" at night to have fun at these "festivals"

Comment

goin to the Miami
          street race instead of the oval race?

ohhhhhh noooooooooo.

Thats sacralegious.

Hopefully you go to Homestead too.

I liked the track and it had good to moderate racing.

Comment

The St Pete race will be a street race but at least part of the track is on the airport. Then again Cleveland was a snoozer this year too.

No matter how good or bad the racing is...there will always be the beaches and spring breakers in bikinis.

Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Drink enough beers and those street races aren't all that bad.
              I'll see YOU at the races!

Comment

The grand prix runs and CARt's runs in downtown detroit were fun. Not much race action to see, but plenty of partying, noise, and excitement.

The move to Belle Isle was a bummer.

Add the Little League world series action to the mix, and this should be a good couch potatoe weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rokjr:
                  <STRONG>Hope you enjoy paying top $$$ for a not so good seat and watching the race and Qual. and seeing each car come by every Two (2) minutes for a total View of at least 10 seconds each 2 minutes and maybe you will see 1 pass all weekend, Good Luck not for me I did it one time $600.00 for 3 seats and I did see one pass and that was when a car spun
                  </STRONG>
                  Exactly. Been to two F1 street races, and a few qualifying session in Detroit. They were so dissapointing that I opted to not see F1 even when they were in my back yard. (Although it was cool hearing the F1 cars rip through the gears as they went through the tunnel). Never saw a pass, and from my best seats I saw the cars for 10 seconds a lap. From my worst seats saw them for 2 seconds a lap. If you go to St. Pete, I suggest going for the party, but don't expect to see a race.
                  "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

I tried to go to a CART race once.

Once.

It got cancelled.
                    "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Originally posted by Heath Hamilton:
                      <STRONG>goin to homestead?</STRONG>
                      nope . make me pay for a boring race once shame on you.

make me pay for a boring race twice , well shame on you again.

a third time would be my fault.

I 'll go to one of the 'heartland ' events next year.

I really used to enjoy the atlanta race it's too bad it's gone.

I 'll go to one of them though!
                      It's a brand new day.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofan:
                        <STRONG>nope . make me pay for a boring race once shame on you.

make me pay for a boring race twice , well shame on you again.

a third time would be my fault.</STRONG>
                        Then why are you going to a street race?
                        "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP:
                          <STRONG>

Then why are you going to a street race? </STRONG>
                          No joke!

Nazareth is pretty lame, but I'm not going to dump that race for the DC ALMS race or anything.

A bad oval race beats a good street race anyday, IMO. As a matter of fact, when was the last time there was a good street race?

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: mattndallas ]
                          "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

I went to the Long Beach Grand Prix in 1998, to at least say I've been to streetrace. It wasn't too bad (there was a jumbotron directly across from me). I think Zanardi won by overhauling Herta in the closing stages. Michael Andretti got the bonehead award when his tire was delaminating (you could clearly see it on TV, but he stayed out lap after lap). There was a red flag for a traffic jam down in the hairpin, which put a damper on the race. So go, enjoy yourself, but I will never go to a streetrace again.
                            It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X