Moderator's Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator's Notice

It's getting late in the season, and apparently some posters have run out of polite communication skills. This has been an especially poor week or so around the ol' TF IRL board. Frankly, I've been ashamed of some of these threads. I've seen rpm2night trashed and watched rpm2night flame back. I've seen posters called out by others and read posts that just plain dripped with arrogance.

Maybe it's just time to remind everyone of the user's agreement which you all signed on to. I hope it's not time to start handing out forced vacations.

It wouldn't be so frustrating if I didn't know how well you guys and gals usually discuss issues, both controversial and mundane. Please, let's dig out the manners and keep this place civil.

Thank you for your participation and your cooperation.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

It's the "dog" days of summer rev and there's only 3 races left till the end of the season.
    Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Amen, Rev. It certainly gets old very quickly. Found myself tuning out for two days just to let some threads settle down. Thanks for the polite reminder.
      Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Originally posted by trac-champ:
        <STRONG>It's the "dog" days of summer rev and there's only 3 races left till the end of the season.</STRONG>
        I understand that t-c, but that's no cause for turning TF into SpeedNet, et. al. (not accusing you specifically, of course. )
        "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Trashing RPM2Night???

Uhh, fromw hat i saw, we were voicing our displeasure, with there lack of "partner" coverage.

Guess we cant complain about the IRL coverage, what CAN we complain about?

How gil de ferren is such a stuffy snob?

Comment

rev, i love you.

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: Heath Hamilton ]

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: Heath Hamilton ]
            Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

I hear ya loud and clear boss. Count me among the offenders. Sorry for adding to your work load.

Apologies to BSJ too for some sniping in an earlier thread. We should know better.
              Dan Schlosser
              Go fast, turn left !
              www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
              Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Eric - there is a difference between voicing displeasure and trashing. Some posts were of the first variety, others were of the second. The first are welcome, the second are not.

BTW, welcome back.

Comment

I think what Rev-ed is saying is that 'two wrongs do not make a right'.

If we shall complain about RPM2Night's coverage, then maybe one should complain to them(ABC/ESPN) directly, otherwise keep it away from this board. I think that Speed News covers the IRL better than anyone else, and they're not even partnered with the IRL. IMO, when it comes down to race coverage ABC/ESPN are number one.

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft:
                    <STRONG>I hear ya loud and clear boss. Count me among the offenders. Sorry for adding to your work load.

Apologies to BSJ too for some sniping in an earlier thread. We should know better.</STRONG>
                    we sniped?

hey we should no better, but, we just both vigorously defend our viewpoints...what's next a career in politics?

Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Eric's Back!!!!

Lomg time, no post. Shouldn't that get its own thread?

Now if that BiGirlFaN would swing by again...

Comment

Rev, I don't know if I've stepped too far over the line or not, but I don't understand all the apparent negativity when the league is doing way better than it ever has. People are ready to declare defeat and totally ignore the obvious growth the league is experiencing in all areas.

Unfortunately, there seems to be some natural force that, left unchecked, causes the level of discourse to degenerate into cheap flaming and name-calling. I call it the Speednet Rot.

I appreciate the work you do around here, Rev. It reminds me of Mr. Miller, the custodian at good ol' Frank H. Wheeler Elementary. Whenever some poor student would yack on the floor in the middle of class, Mr. Miller was always there to clean it up. Way to go.
                        "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Well, jmart's mom looked at everything jmart posted over the last week and she said it was all on the up and up. She also said Penske's going down and the Infiniti will be rebadged.

jmart

Comment

Thanks Rev
                            "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing:
                              <STRONG>
                              we sniped?

hey we should no better, but, we just both vigorously defend our viewpoints...what's next a career in politics?

</STRONG>
                              Both of you are way to honest,,, and you both defend your OWN view points... Neither of you will be much of a sucess,,, at that cess-pool of humanity...
                              Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X