July 4, 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 4, 2003

I recieved word today that Pikes Peak would be reviving the Rocky Mountain Classic on July 4th 2003.

This is similar to the Cooper World Classic in Phoenix. I have not heard if they will have all 3 major series or just 2 plus some others to fill in.

The other interesting part is they say that will be having a huge fireworks show. Since you can not usually see fireworks during the day this makes me wonder if they plan on putting lights on the track.

I thought some of you may be interested.

Outlaw

SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

The Supermodifieds are running PPIR along with Silver Crown and Midgets. This replaces the Copper for the SRL.
      A good race driver, given adequate seat time, can drive any well prepared racecar on any track surface or configuration at competitive speeds. Remember, I said a GOOD race driver!!!

Comment

What What What?

Very, very

"I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else."

Comment

double...

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: happyscrappy ]

"I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else."

Comment

Preserving America's oval track tradition:
            1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Too bad the IRL couldnt get hooked up witht his.

It would help there attendance immensly.

A July 4th night race, that i my opinion would do GREAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Laurie:
                <STRONG>The Supermodifieds are running PPIR along with Silver Crown and Midgets. This replaces the Copper for the SRL.</STRONG>
                Good news and bad news rolled in to one. Looks like the Pro Series will replace the Supers at the Copper Classic. Or worse, could the Copper format be gone from Phoenix? What's the word from out west Gerald?
                Dan Schlosser
                Go fast, turn left !
                www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyerfan:
                  <STRONG>Too bad the IRL couldnt get hooked up witht his.

It would help there attendance immensly.

A July 4th night race, that i my opinion would do GREAT.</STRONG>
                  Hey Dreyer Welcome back
                  Rumor has it CART is running Cleveland on 4th of July at night. Actually, being cleveland is one of my fav tracks on the CART circut, it ought to be pretty cool.
                  Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft:
                    <STRONG>

Good news and bad news rolled in to one. Looks like the Pro Series will replace the Supers at the Copper Classic. Or worse, could the Copper format be gone from Phoenix? What's the word from out west Gerald?</STRONG>

I really like the SRL at Phoenix, but the last few years the field has been VERY thin. 3 or 4 fast cars, and then a lot of field fillers with the back of the field being 25mph slower than the front.

IF the SRL can put a stronger field together, I'd like them to remain part of the Copper Classic. Otherwise, I really don't have an issue with them being replaced.

That said, I don't think you'll see a much different field at PPIR than you'd have seen at PIR. In fact, I think for the SRL, they'd be better off having both races so that it was worth it for those guys to build Speedway parts.
                    We flipped our finger to the King of England
                    Stole our country from the Indians
                    With god on our side and guns in our hands
                    We took it for our own!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X