OT- Who do you want to be the new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- Who do you want to be the new

head coach of the Indianapolis Colts? For me it is Tony Dungy all the way as long as he stays away from the offense.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: IndyIRLman ]
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

ditto
    "they(NASCAR fans) know the difference between George Mack and Tony Stewart" - hdolan 8/31/02

Comment

How can you expect a head coach to stay away from the offense?
      "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan:
        <STRONG>How can you expect a head coach to stay away from the offense? </STRONG>
        The last one did a great job of staying away from the Defense
        "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
        Vice President, Marketing
        IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

you won't like the end results, he may load up the gun but he won't pull the trigger. A good person, a credit to the city where he is, no doubt about it, but his brand of footbal is vanilla on offence. He brings great defence, but they are on the field so much that eventually they are worn out, then the finger pointing begins. No, a great defencive coordinator, but not a head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyIRLman:
            <STRONG>head coach of the Indianapolis Colts?

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: IndyIRLman ]</STRONG>
            Bob Knight - at least he knows how to motivate people.
            I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

If they are definitely keeping Tom Moore as Off. Coord., then Dungy is probably the best they can do. A bigger name coach would want his own guy there. Dungy however is friends with Moore, so it seems to be a good fit.

Still, I don't see where Dungy is a big upgrade on Mora. Mora also had a rep as a good defensive mind before he got to Indy.

I know it would never happen, but since the question is who I "want" to be the coach, that's easy - Bill Parcells.

Comment

Dungy. Although he never should have been fired. The Bucs had something like 2 winning seasons in 20 years before he came. I like they had 4 winning seasons in 6 years under Dungy.

-StatMan
                Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X