Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know what we need? IPS Silly Season Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know what we need? IPS Silly Season Update!

Calling Rev!

Now with Sinden announcing plans to go Infiniti Pro racing, we need a new section on the Silly Season page. What rides are confirmed, what drivers are confirmed, and which of each are rumored.

We love making work for you! To help get rev started, let's list all the list known IPS announcements on this thread.

To get started:

- Hemelgarn: Announced 1 car, no driver
    - Sinden: Announced plans, no driver. Earlier rumored that this is in cooperation with Panther for their test driver Ed Carpenter, reserved #44.
    - Panther: See Sinden.
    - Genoa: Announced plans, ordered 1 chassis, no driver
    - McCormack: 1 or 2 cars, talked to Tony Ave, Derek Higgins and Derek Davidson.
    - Mexpro: Announced 1 car
    - A.J. Foyt Jr. - #14 Reserved - Team? A.J.F IPS?
    - Arie Jr. - #5 Reserved - Team?
    - Roquin: ? (former Indy Lights)

(List updated for replies 1-6)

==== Indy Lights Confirmed NOT IPS

- Dorricott: Atlantics
    - Indy Regency: Atlantics
    - Conquest: IRL
    - Brian Stewart: Possibly done racing

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Racemind ]

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
    "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

You read my mind, racemind!

Let's put it all together on this thread.

There are numbers reserved for Arie Jr. (#5), Ed Carpenter (#44), and AJ4 (#14). Anybody have any other info? They've been really deliberate on what they let us know.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Is there a chance anyone from Toyota Atlantics would switch over to Infiniti Pro Series?

I'm thinking of Duesenberg Brothers Racing. They would be a good candidate.
      Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

Comment

Conquest is racing in the IRL for a full season, no IPS.

Mexpro is confirmed for at least 1 car.

For all I know, Stewart is done with his team and won't be back in IPS or Atlantics.

The latest rumor has Tony Ave landing a Trans-Am deal with LAC Motorsports, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see him end up in the IPS.

I am not sure what is up with RoQuin, but if we see them anywhere I imagine it would be in Atlantics, as all of their sponsors and drivers last year were Mexican.

Comment

Oh, and Tommy Fogerty Winery and Vineyards is not actually a team. Indylights.com erranously had them listed on the team page, but the company actually just sponsored Jon Fogarty's Lights Ride with Dorricott. Fogarty will be running in Toyota Atlantic with Dorricott next year.

Comment

Mexpro is confirmed 1 car in IPS or Atlantics? IPS would be news to me -- welcome Mexpro!

Dorricott and Indy Regency have announced Atlantics plans. We should expect PacWest to do the same, for obvious reasons.

"If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Racemind:
              [QB]Mexpro is confirmed 1 car in IPS or Atlantics?[QB]
              IPS.

Comment

Hey, not bad for just turning you guys loose on it! Thanks, shed!

I had thought Indy Regency was going to Atlantics with (maybe) Witherill, and then showing up for Indy. I could be mistaken, though.
                "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Yeah, I've updated the list on top so far. Dorricott and Indy Regency are definitely going Atlantics.

Comment

...shameless bump to the top. I don't know if everyone got a chance with this thread.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X