X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - For Ren & Defender

Since you guys are keeping track:

From MotorsportsTV.com
    <STRONG>Sunday's CART race from Road America scored a .30 rating (157,000 households).
    </STRONG>
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Thanks, T.D.

Oddly, I haven't seen a press release on the series' web site.

Comment

Here's the rest of the story:

CART Race Gets .30, Qualifying Yields .41

Sunday's CART race from Road America scored a .30 rating (157,000 households). Live CART qualifying drew a .41 (217,000 households). (8/22)

Comment

Thanks, JB. I don't think they're counting qualifications, but that brings up an interesting point....

Why would more people tune in to qualifications (where sometimes half the show includes an empty track) than the race?

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: Truth Detector ]
        Center Grove Trojans
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
          <STRONG>Why would more people tune in to qualifications (where sometimes half the show includes an empty track) than the race?</STRONG>
          My guess is that qualifying wasn't competing with NASCAR for viewers. It could be that NASCAR Fans are tuning in SPEED when there isn't NASCAR on TV. If CART is on, then CART is what they'll watch. (And maybe, some day, they'll tune in for a race as well.)

What is interesting is that Saturday qualifying didn't have NASCAR as a lead-in. A repeat of CART Friday Night was on immediately before Saturday Qualifying.

Comment

<STRONG>Why would more people tune in to qualifications (where sometimes half the show includes an empty track) than the race?
            </STRONG>
            Because, on a road course, qualifying is the race?

Hey, does anyone have a published account of the IRL Nashville rating?
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

My guess is that qualifying like in F1 is the whole show!
              Drive your azz off to make it as far up front as possable. When the train pulls out on sunday you had better grab a spot because that line up wont change much after that. Follow the leader commences with the dropping of the green flag!
              aXe

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: aXe ]
              Born Again Race Fan seen at
              www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob:
                <STRONG>

My guess is that qualifying wasn't competing with NASCAR for viewers. It could be that NASCAR Fans are tuning in SPEED when there isn't NASCAR on TV. If CART is on, then CART is what they'll watch. </STRONG>
                So cart fans and nascar fans have similar demographics?
                Center Grove Trojans
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

<STRONG>
                  Why would more people tune in to qualifications (where sometimes half the show includes an empty track) than the race?

</STRONG>
                  I get more of a kick out of CART qualifying than the race itself. Much more exciting.

As far as the ratings are concerned, I guess we won't see Lowe's trying to figure out the best placement for TV viewing of their logo on a CART car anytime soon.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X