How much competition will TRAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much competition will TRAC

be for sponsors? Are they a serious threat? Just a gleam in someones eye? Will they really be racing in 2003 as they say?
    I have seen only a few small articles. Has anyone a web site for in depth info?
    My only concern is how it might affect IRL's ability to obtain sponsors.

TRAC, XFL, USFL.

I'll be surprised if it starts the season... amazed if it finishes it.
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

With Nascar busting at the seams in terms of race dates and popularity, you would think a valid second tier series could have some luck, but I just don't understand why they felt the need to go to the regional "team" concept.

Everything I have heard so far would tend to make me think this will joing the XFL shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyJim:
        <STRONG>With Nascar busting at the seams in terms of race dates and popularity, you would think a valid second tier series could have some luck.</STRONG>
        Don't you mean fourth tier? After CTS and Busch?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP:
          <STRONG>

Don't you mean fourth tier? After CTS and Busch?</STRONG>
          Fifth. After ARCA.

Try to understand a few things about TRAC.

First of all, the cars are Riley and Scott Trans-Am cars, which means that they are far and away the most expensive piece of machinery that anyone is calling a "stock car" these days.

Second, to get into the series, an owner has to buy in at $11 million. $2.5 million of that is for actual equipment, which consists of three transporters and six turn-key cars. Considering that a turn-key car to their spec would run maybe $150,000, that means that $1.6 million is supposed to go toward transporters. Or $533,000 per transporter. $8.5 million goes toward "franchise rights," and "ownership fees." My guess is that those who are smart enough to have that kind of cash have already run the numbers, had a good laugh, and gone on.

Third, the driver pool will be done by a draft of some sort. My guess is that you won't see top quality drivers putting their names into this thing, for the simple reason that it could derail their career elsewhere.

It's an interesting combination - borrow the equipment from SCCA sportscar racing, the team concept from ball sports, and the franchise system from CART...notice that no owners have come forward yet...
          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Following is a very attractive web site with a very ambitious plan:

http://www.traczone.com/

But I don't think they'll ever turn a wheel...
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Whether or not they ever do race...I think they are outstanding looking racecars.
              ...---...

Comment

The haulers remind of when I was a little kid at Indy and I would see AJ's hauler. It is pretty cool.
                Go IV!

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler:
                  <STRONG>Following is a very attractive web site with a very ambitious plan:

http://www.traczone.com/

But I don't think they'll ever turn a wheel... </STRONG>

Oh my! They make CART look like they are well run and have their shirt together!

Comment

Why all the negativety?
                    Is it because it is just to hard to fight the competition and tradition? Or because it is a new concept? The economy? The business plan?
                    Sounds like a cool alternative to WC with some modern technology. Love the cars.
                    Since this appears to be the brainchild, or at least has the backing of SMI, perhaps it could partner with IRL races to complete a full race weekend. Maybe? it would attract some sports car fans and other closed wheel fans. If raced on the road courses at some of the SMI tracks, it might even attract and appease that crowd. Personally I like the idea of a closed wheel road race where all the cars are the same class. Unlike ALMS and Grand AM.
                    Having said that I agree it will be very difficult to get this off the ground.

Comment

I just want to know why we don't get daily updates on their stock price! http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=tspt.ob&d=c

Comment

Forgot to thank Ren for the web site. Read it and enjoyed it. thanks

Comment

Ain't gonna happen, even though Bruton would really like to sock it to the France family.
                          I'll see YOU at the races!

Comment

JoeBob, TSPT is about 50% of its IPO price and the other stock price watched on this board is 25% of its IPO price. Guess that means TSPT is doing better than.....
                            Everything is relative, right?

Comment

"As a result of non-payment by the Company, Riley & Scott has stopped production of TRAC's racing cars. The Company will continue to seek to raise cash to continue its operations and complete its business plan, but there can be no assurances it will be able to do so. If the Company is unable to raise the required cash in the next few weeks, it may be forced to terminate its operations."

From the link that JoeBob provided above.

I don't think TRAC is going to make it.

R&S got a good chunk of change though.
                              Terrible moderators can destroy great forums

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X