Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Sponsor for TMS and/or June '03 IRL race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sponsor for TMS and/or June '03 IRL race?

According to this story at the Dallas Morning News, Eddie Gossage is close to a sponsor deal to rename TMS.

Also mentioned is that Gossage is close to announcing a new title sponsorship for the June IRL race.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Not so good news is that the Sept 15 IRL race at TMS is the same date as the Cowboys home opener. Bummer!

Comment

Eddie dos not seem concerned about going heads up with the Cowboys.

From the Dallas Morning News
      Gossage says TMS race will outdraw Cowboys

Texas Motor Speedway general manager Eddie Gossage said he has no concerns about going head-to-head with the Cowboys' home opener on Sept. 15, when the Chevy 500 takes place at TMS to close the IRL season.

"We will draw a bigger crowd than the Cowboys, I guarantee you that," Gossage said. "I also will guarantee you we won't get near the local news media coverage the Cowboys will receive, despite having the bigger crowd."
      "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

Will the race be sponsored by Honda or Toyota?
        http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, it doesn't surprise me that a race could out-draw the Cowboys...at least for another few years. They haven't been doing too well of late (and, before you Cowboy fans get all bunched up, I've been a Dallas fan since Jerry Kramer cheated on the Bart Starr touchdown in the ice bowl.).
          ...---...

Comment

I'll be at TMS. I'm not as optimistic as Eddie. He will sell more tickets, thanks to the season package. As far as people in the seats, I seriously doubt it.
            Texans love their football.

Comment

I thought the season ticket package only accounted for 25,000 tickets at TMS.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, and from what I've seen of most Cryboy fans they are convinced every year that they're gonna win the Super Bowl.

Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch:
                <STRONG>Will the race be sponsored by Honda or Toyota?</STRONG>
                Hopefully the Honda and Toyota money will not merely displace other sponsors, but be an addition to it. That's the whole objective isn't it, to increase sponsorship dollars? Hope it works out that way in the end.

Comment

"I thought the season ticket package only accounted for 25,000 tickets at TMS.

Correct me if I'm wrong."

You're wrong - normally Eddie sells 45k to 50k season tickets every year.

"Oh, and from what I've seen of most Cryboy fans they are convinced every year that they're gonna win the Super Bowl.

You mean there're not ??

Well maybe not now since Rocket got hurt. But we still got Joey and that Jerry Rice starter kit Antonio Bryant
                  I'm talking high banks man. Texas - 24 degrees. - Kenny Brack

Comment

Truth Detector

"Oh, and from what I've seen of most Cryboy fans they are convinced every year that they're gonna win the Super Bowl. "

I'll meet you at High Noon boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex:
                      <STRONG>I'll meet you at High Noon boy! </STRONG>
                      heh heh heh....

I used to cheer only for this:

But I gotta cheer for the home team too.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2008 5A Football State Champs
                      2015 6A Football State Champs
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

But this season ticket holder buys season tickets for the IRL races! I haven't sold my Cup tickets yet, but the thought has crossed my mind and I like Winston Cup.
                        Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X