Sarah Fisher Sponsorship Question ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Fisher Sponsorship Question ???

Howdy All - I was listening to WNDE in Indy this afternoon and they mentioned something about Sarah getting a long-term deal with Tag Heuer.

Haven't seen anything here today and nothing on her website. If this is true, it's a pretty big deal. They're highly involved in F1 and could provide a nice marketing kick for the IRL. Check out their site: http://f1.tagheuer.com/

If anyone has the "real" scoop, please share!

Wasn't she a guest of TAG Heuer at the Canadian GP?
    "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

She has a "Personal Services" contract with Tag Heuer. It's much like, but not as "in-depth" as Buddy Rice's contract with Red Bull. It's basically a you hawk our product and we'll supply you with them kinda thing. I don't think they bring ANY money to the deal. If they do, it's miniscule.
      But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Thanks Jet!

Comment

Sarah wears the TAG Heuer logo on the "chin area" of her helmet.
          "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

I heard that, too. I was in my car stopped on I-65 when that blip came on. It will probably involve commercials with a decal on the car (hopefully). 3 year deal, IIRC. btw, what is the official timepiece of IMS and the IRL? Is it T-H? Just curious.
            He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Mears_Fan:
              <STRONG>btw, what is the official timepiece of IMS and the IRL? Is it T-H? Just curious.</STRONG>
              Please, please, R_M_F..I'm beggin' ya...DO NOT offer up these softballs. I'm a moderator just a few doors down from here, and I could get yelled at, something awful......

Comment

Article
                He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

from the article at http://www.indystar.com/article.php?irlfisher22.html:
                  "If one woman will ever make it to Formula One, it will be Sarah Fisher," TAG Heuer president and CEO Jean-Christophe Babin said Wednesday. "She's so talented, determined and young but still so experienced that, without a doubt, she will grow to become a great champion."

That's all fine-and-good..everyone's entitled to their opinion - no matter how delusional. But if I was ever to do one of them 'toldjaso' thing..this would be it.

I'm sorry, but if she turned her nose up to an Atlantic opportunity....the math just don't add up, believe it or not.

Sure, there's still time, but Sarah ain't seriously going F1...key word being, "seriously".

Comment

She has a "Personal Services" contract with Tag Heuer. It's much like, but not as "in-depth" as Buddy Rice's contract with Red Bull. It's basically a you hawk our product and we'll supply you with them kinda thing. I don't think they bring ANY money to the deal. If they do, it's miniscule.
                    I can not imagine that she would sign a personal services contract for a couple of watches. I would be willing to bet that some $$$ did/will change hands.

If she is able to finish out the year and race as she has the last couple of weeks, you will likely see a big time sponsor on her car next year where ever she ends up.

IMO

Comment

What watch is Sarah going to wear when she wins an IRL Race? The winner of each IRL race is presented a very nice watch from "Maurice Lacroix Swiss Watch The Official Watch of the IRL."

Comment

As prominent as the TAG logo is on her helmet... it's almost impossible to believe that either Sarah or the team aren't receiving monetary compensation in return.

Comment

Obviously her teammate Robbie Buhl and Sarah don't have the same watch deal. On page 31 of the most recent RACER Buhl has a predominate pic in an ad for MomaDesign watches.

HAS to be a personal sponsor!

"My career is in Winston Cup now, but that hasn't changed the way I feel about the Indy 500." - Robby Gordon
                          "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Well,

Checking my left wrist it says Maurice Lacroix is the official time piece of the IRL and IMS. And a very nice time piece it is.

BTW, thanks MTP.
                            We flipped our finger to the King of England
                            Stole our country from the Indians
                            With god on our side and guns in our hands
                            We took it for our own!

Comment

This is what [email protected] E-mailed to me today.

Hot laps: Watchmaker TAG Heuer and Indy Racing League standout Sarah Fisher have
                              entered into a long-term agreement covering product development, advertising,
                              promotions and public relations. Fisher will make her first appearance as a TAG
                              Heuer brand ambassador in September at the SAP United States Grand Prix at
                              Indianapolis. Fisher joins a prestigious list of athletes and celebrities who
                              have worked with TAG Heuer, including Juan Manuel Fangio, Steve McQueen, Ayrton
                              Senna, Alain Prost, Marion
                              Jones, Mika Hakkinen, Jacques Villeneuve and David Coulthard &#8230
                              Sounds like there could be more to it than small change.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X