Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Racing at Indy?

http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2002/0820/1420532.html

Not a bad idea and might be pretty cool. Doubt it happens but Jack has some good points.
    Team KELLEY ROCKS! Get well soon Jason! Three in top ten at KY. Way to go Scott, Al, and Tony!

Already discussed here.
    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Already being discussed/dissed here

Arute
      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

wow, I'd like to appeal the finish, we both posted at 4:48, but I was ahead when the yellow came out, honest I was.

Comment

I have always thought that the IRL season should end at Indy with a 300 mile race. If it was a night, that would be even better. At sunset, like Kansas, would just be supreme.

I think since the IRL is all about Indianapolis, the championship should be decided there. I like night racing too.
          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Indy should have 1 race a year. The Indy 500.

The USGP and the BYawn 400 should be axed.

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing:
              <STRONG>wow, I'd like to appeal the finish, we both posted at 4:48, but I was ahead when the yellow came out, honest I was.</STRONG>
              Sorry, my cousin Billy Bob was displaying the red flag with the yellow stripe in his yard in Plainfield before the pass.

Appeal denied.

Comment

Jackie doesn't know jack on this one. First of all, Labor Day Monday is the only viable rain date, in case of a rain out are you gonna run it Tues. AM? I can hear 'fender now with his partner BS.

Besides, every other IRL race at night draws crap for ratings. Could it be that the Indy 500 would overcome that, I would like to think so, but I'm not gonna bet the farm. Think it will draw more NASCAR drivers? Perhaps, but only those predisposed to enter anyway, like Robby Gordon, Tony Stewart and John Andretti. The rest, the ones we need, like Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon won't come anyway, because the big buck sponsors won't let them.

Comment

Firstly, approximately 500,000 are already spending their weekend of outdoor holiday activity at the friggin track....

when was the last time the 500 was run in blistering heat?

Secondly, the only reason the Firecracker 400 is being run at night is because the ticket sales were taking a nose dive due to Florida 4th of July heat. It was strictly a ticket sales issue!

Jack showed one of his finer points in this article, I swear, trying to like this guy is like doing the three step shuffle. 2 steps forward, one step back.

What impact would a Monday night 500 have? Less ticket sales. Who wants to drive back to Chicago, or Cleveland, or Pennsylvania at 9pm, and head to work at 9 am?

Not me! :mad:
                  "I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spotted some land" ~Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

A rampart is a bulwark!

Comment

What's Mario doing with Yassar Arafat???

Comment

Indy should have 1 race a year. The Indy 500.
                      The USGP and the BYawn 400 should be axed.
                      Note to self....If BSJRacing ever owns a business, do NOT invest in it.

Peace,

Beans

Comment

Originally posted by Feed 'em Beans:
                        <STRONG>

Note to self....If BSJRacing ever owns a business, do NOT invest in it.

Peace,

Beans</STRONG>

Like I would be stupid enough to take it public

Comment

The only good reason to put up lights would be to run a "24 hours of Indy" sports car race. Which might be cool... but I don't think IMS is ready for that.
                          Quit whining. Enjoy the racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_racefan:
                            <STRONG>when was the last time the 500 was run in blistering heat?</STRONG>
                            "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

BSJ, I beg to differ about you being in the lead. We were the middle of the turn, so I think I was still ahead from my angle.
                              Team KELLEY ROCKS! Get well soon Jason! Three in top ten at KY. Way to go Scott, Al, and Tony!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X