Trevor Carlin tosses shade at Charlie Kimball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Carlin tosses shade at Charlie Kimball

From the latest racer article.... https://racer.com/2019/03/09/carlin-...st-from-oward/

“All my guys are just saying, ‘Thanks,’ Carlin told RACER of O’Ward’s 13-race deal in the No. 23 Chevy to drive alongside Max Chilton. “It’s great because when he makes his debut for the team [at Circuit of The Americas], the team improves. Max then, can improve. Because Max can go as fast as anybody; he just needs pushing. So, already we’re seeing a step forward for Max because of our having RC Enerson in the car for testing in the pre-season. And when Patricio’s in the car, things are gonna just keep moving up, so it’s a win-win, really.”
    So what, RC and Pato are faster than Charlie? Because Charlie isn't pushing Max? Cause that's what it sounds like to me.

Originally posted by Aeron View Post
    From the latest racer article.... https://racer.com/2019/03/09/carlin-...st-from-oward/

So what, RC and Pato are faster than Charlie? Because Charlie isn't pushing Max? Cause that's what it sounds like to me.
    I don’t want to sound crass but Charlie Kimball’s best skill as a driver is having diabetes. Without that he wouldn’t have had a ride over these years.

Comment

He IS a race winner.....just sayin
      Third Gen Indy Fan

Comment

Charlie was flying today

Comment

Didn’t Charlie beat Max most of the time last year?
          GO COLTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by irnlsfan View Post
            Didn’t Charlie beat Max most of the time last year?
            Yes. He kicked his butt.
            "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Might see a 3rd Carlin at a few events with RC Enerson.

Possible full-time entry in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by EdJVuky View Post
                He IS a race winner.....just sayin
                So is Carlos Huertas. If given the choice between Kimball and O’Ward I think the majority would take Pato. He is a young guy out to prove himself and that should push Max even more.

Comment

Pato is a big improvement over Kimball, but Kimball is easily better than Chilton.

Comment

Kimball is a pretty good oval driver which still carries weight since the 500. Even though the rest of series is twisties.

Comment

He threw a lamp at Charlie?

Comment

Originally posted by BretEarl View Post
                        Kimball is a pretty good oval driver which still carries weight since the 500. Even though the rest of series is twisties.
                        He's still got a decent record on the road/street courses. His win is on one and 4 of his 6 podium finishes are on twisties.

Comment

Originally posted by RTS7 View Post
                          Pato is a big improvement over Kimball, but Kimball is easily better than Chilton.
                          And nearly every driver ever employed by Andretti has been better than Marco, but his ride isn’t in danger. The only difference between Marco and Chilton is the name on the front door. The owners son isn’t getting fired.

Comment

I don't see his comments as criticism of CK.

This was a seat looking for $$$. I imagine his guys are thankful that he put a decent shoe in the seat and just one driver for those 12 races instead of musical chairs. That's how I read it.

Yes it does imply that Pato has more speed potential than CK, but that isn't a very controversial statement.

Comment

CK's greatest accomplishment was helping Dan Wheldon win the Indianapolis 500. I have never liked the guy, and I probably never will. That said, Max IS a talented driver, but probably should have stayed in lights longer. Look at ZCD. A first and second place finish in both races. When he comes back up to the big cars, he will be ready. Max just had the monies.
                              Owner & Founder of Tellez Media and RacerSponsor
                              @RacerSponsor
                              RacerSponsor.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X