Any UK fans use this forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any UK fans use this forum...

Us in the UK have done pretty well over the last few years with live TV coverage. It's shown on the sky sports f1 channel, and I'm guessing any indy car fans are F1 fans anyway, and may already subscribe.

But this is the first time except for Indy 500 we have had qualifying live, and i for one can't wait for the next 45 minutes to pass to i can watch it!!

Have a safe season everyone!!

Originally posted by OdieStracs View Post
    Us in the UK have done pretty well over the last few years with live TV coverage. It's shown on the sky sports f1 channel, and I'm guessing any indy car fans are F1 fans anyway, and may already subscribe.

But this is the first time except for Indy 500 we have had qualifying live, and i for one can't wait for the next 45 minutes to pass to i can watch it!!

Have a safe season everyone!!
    Yes mate, Brentwood, Essex to be precise.

Only problem is I don't have a Sky subscription. Still hoping for someone somewhere to post the races to YouTube a few days later.

Comment

Another UK fan here, grumpy because it's no longer on BT Sport (free for me via my broadband) but thankfully I have access to a Sky Go log on. I may go down the Now TV route if the race coverage tomorrow is ad free etc etc.

If you aren't on it alreay, checkout Autosport Forums for a good UK (and abroad) community of Indycar fans!

Comment

Nottingham for me
        Memories of Indy 2012:
        ZUL8TR: "I'm sorry Joel, are we keeping you?"

abc -
        Your home for Indycar on Network TV, where race commentary is delivered as if reading the lunch menu in a rest home. God bless you Marty, Eddy, and Scott, there are few as soporific as you.

Comment

And I thought this was going to be about the University of Kentucky.-cap
          It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Glad it's not. Glad to have all the UK onboard, even the ones from Kentucky!!
            Is it May yet?
            Take me back to a world gone away-James Pankow

Comment

Welcome UK mates!
              "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Welcome you bloody blokes! It's good to have you here.
                Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

And with around 50 laps to go, the signal goes down for 10 minutes..........oooohhh, it's back.....no, it's gone again.

Comment

Is the race commercial free in the UK?

Comment

No we had some commercials. Not every time the US went, but most of them, I think. No UK commentary or presentation, just straight US feed.

Comment

Some commercials is an understatement. The coverage in the UK today was littered with them!

We used to get it ad free (while green) with UK comms picking up the frequent US ad breaks. Now it's gone to Sky, there is no UK comms, lots of ads and hideously expensive ($42 a month).

And thanks to the NBC deal we can't see practice anymore. We do now get qualifying on TV, but most of the time we had that via YouTube anyway and bboth days of the 500 qualy was always on TV anyway.

So all in all, a lose...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X