Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is IndyCar making it harder for people to be fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is IndyCar making it harder for people to be fans?

I opened the NTT Data IndyCar iPhone app today, and it's telling me I have to sign in with my account. What account? I don't have an account! And it redirects to b2clogin.com. Who the hell are they? Why should I give them my personal information? (For that matter, IndyCar's Privacy Policy says they can share my information with whomever they please.) So I gave up and closed the app. I probably won't even use it anymore. Why is IndyCar making it harder for people to be fans?

They are trying to protect your personal information from hackers. I don't know how to tell you this but the world is full of bad people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
      They are trying to protect your personal information from hackers. I don't know how to tell you this but the world is full of bad people.
      But they don't even need my personal information to let me use the app! Now they want to collect it and you need to provide it to use the app. So why are they making it more difficult for their fans?

Comment

It’s how they make money on the app

Data shareing

I agree with you

It’s bull crap
        "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

Originally posted by slompappy View Post
          It’s how they make money on the app

Data shareing

I agree with you

It’s bull crap
          Well its a free service.. it costs Indycar to provide the service

Comment

Better question is why are Indycar fans so damn unhappy with everything about the series ?

Most apps you have to sign in to use

Comment

I just opened the app and it didn't request any type of login. What is everyone else seeing?

Comment

"Better question is why are Indycar fans so damn unhappy with everything about the series ?"

If they give you something for free for a long time, then suddenly change the rule and make you jump through hoops or suddenly make you pay for things.... that would make me unhappy.

Comment

Things change like a title sponser perhaps they want something for the millions they are spending on the series

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsRDG View Post
                    I just opened the app and it didn't request any type of login. What is everyone else seeing?
                    Same here.
                    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

"Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsRDG View Post
                        No login needed to open the app... login needed to get the live features like timing & scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by oryan_dunn View Post
                          No login needed to open the app... login needed to get the live features like timing & scoring.
                          IANAL, but I think using a third-party registration process to unlock app features is against Apple's Terms and Conditions. The only acceptable way to do that is via the in-app purchase interface. Especially since the email address is not required to provide the unlocked features, but simply to provide promotional emails and to sell your private information to other companies.

Comment

Just make an email account that you specifically use to sign up for stuff like this.

Comment

Just do it

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X