Another attempt to bring Indycar back to Milwaukee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another attempt to bring Indycar back to Milwaukee

It would be great if they could make this work. Maybe the first weekend in May?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ed/2932805002/

I wish this guy Bob the best. He should touch base with Curtis Francois. The best possible date for an IndyCar event would be the week after the 500. Tradition. That would require the removal of heads from backsides in the upper echelon of IndyCar, and so is not likely. I do like Aeron's idea of early May, too. There needs to be a quality oval immediately before Indy.

It would be great going back up there again.

Comment

Hope it happens
      "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

Not to crap in the bowl of wheaties, but it didn't mention anything about trying to add an Indycar race to the palate. His only concern is drawing more than 5000 people for the race he already has.

I would be first in line for tickets.....but I don't see it happening.
        2012 Races: St.Pete, Indianapolis and THE MILWAUKEE MILE!!!!!!
        2013 Races: Indianapolis and Indyfest 2013
        2014 Races: Popped the Wife's Indy 500 Cherry and Indyfest 2014
        2015 Race: ABC Supply Wisconsin 250
        2016 Races: 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 and Road America!

Comment

Originally posted by Mearsfan53081 View Post
          Not to crap in the bowl of wheaties, but it didn't mention anything about trying to add an Indycar race to the palate. His only concern is drawing more than 5000 people for the race he already has.

I would be first in line for tickets.....but I don't see it happening.
          Agreed

This promoter is focused and should be on the races already scheduled in 2019. Hopefully, 2020 IndyCar can return. Secondly, as long as Penske is at Belle Isle, Gossage is at Texas and they race at Road America in June, I don't think racing at Milwaukee within a month of the 500 is really feasible and the weather would be suspect in Wisconsin before May. Guess they can cross that bridge when they get there if they decide to pursue it.
          "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

First week of May is seriosly pushing it; that's a coin flip to get tolerable weather or not. Mid-August used to be a traditional date, how about that?

Again this guy is just concentrating on his show, nothing about IndyCar is on the horizon.
            "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

I cherish those years when USAC ran the shows at The Milwaukee Mile. Very lucky to have those years in my memory book.

==

Comment

The new promoter says nothing about bringing back Indycar. He's actually talking about bringing back ARCA and hoping to get at least 10,000 butts in the seats.

I said this many times but unless they reschedule the race after the Indy 500 and maybe even connect it with Road America - Milwaukee isn't coming back.
                "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Indycar not mentioned, but I sure miss indycars there.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X