Roger Penske Museum in Az?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Penske Museum in Az?

I will be out there in a couple of weeks for spring break HS varsity baseball, a Cubs spring training game and this museum has been on my bucket list. I am going to go this time cause I missed out being in Az last April.

Question why is it located in Az? Just curious.
    Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions

One of my very best friends who I also go to The 500 with went and said he loved it

He’s been to IMS museum many times
    "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

We were there 3 or 4 years ago. Very nice and interesting. On a weekday there was not another person there other than the staff. Many interesting cars and an opportunity to see the development of Indy cars over the years. I'd go again.

Comment

Penske Racing Museum
        7125 E. Chauncey Lane
        Phoenix, Arizona 85054
        Phone Number: 480.538.4444

Went there about 5 years ago. The only thing the asked us not to do was take pictures of the cars with Marlboro on them.

Comment

Originally posted by billd View Post
          Penske Racing Museum
          [FONT="]7125 E. Chauncey Lane[/FONT]
          [FONT="]Phoenix, Arizona 85054[/FONT]

Went there about 5 years ago. The only thing the asked us not to do was take pictures of the cars with Marlboro on them.
          ...which means you can't take pictures of some of the cars you came there to see in the first place.
          "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by WatsonRoadster9 View Post
            Question why is it located in Az? Just curious.
            The museum is the center piece of his flagship dealership facility, which happens to Scottsdale, the wealthiest suburb of Phoenix. I was there a couple of times about 15 years ago and if you're a car guy, the dealerships themselves are worth the trip. You have Porsche, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Mini Cooper, VW & Acura all on one property. And they have Mercedes across the street. There's a tiny test 'track' and a Land Rover off-road test track behind the buildings. Plus a cafe on site. And oh yeah, there's the museum. It's an awesome place.
            Be a better driver, move right except to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
              ...which means you can't take pictures of some of the cars you came there to see in the first place.
              Yes, it sinks but the cars are awesome

Comment

I go every time I am out there. I was there about 3 weeks ago. They are adding a few too many stock cars for my taste. But it is still worth the price of admission.

Comment

I went there a couple of years back, really worth the visit in you're in the area! All of his winning 500 cars were there, plus some other stocks cars, etc. Really cool to see them first hand since they aren't in the IMS museum.

Comment

Penske Racing Museum
                    7125 E. Chauncey Lane
                    Phoenix, Arizona 85054

Been to museums across the globe, IMS museum many times. If I ever take a picture it'll be the first.
                    "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

Yes, we went in 2010 and they said that to us too. In fact, the curator sort of followed us around to make sure we didn't. You can take pictures of the other cars, and there are other good cars there.

One year later all the cars were at IMS for the Centennial display, and they didn't restrict photos then. It just seemed like an odd rule, then and now.
                      Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                        Nope... all my favorite Penske Cars came in blue with yellow trim.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

I am a fan of the yellow submarines
                          Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

Originally posted by jm70 View Post
                            We were there 3 or 4 years ago. Very nice and interesting. On a weekday there was not another person there other than the staff. Many interesting cars and an opportunity to see the development of Indy cars over the years. I'd go again.
                            I went last year on a week day, nice to look at the cars, and no one to bother you taking pics.

Comment

Been there twice. First time I was told about the no pictures of Marlboro cars, second time no restriction. They also had a rstriction on my using 2 cameras, said I could only use 1. That was the first time I went about 10 years ago and had a Sony Video/still camera and a Canon AE-1 35mm film. Second visit about 4 years ago, i only took my Canon D60 EOS.
                              The exhibits do change, They had the Mercedes 500i engine and the Penske PC-1 the last time I went.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X