Canadian TV = SportsNet plus their SNNOW+ streaming service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian TV = SportsNet plus their SNNOW+ streaming service

No doubt you have seen the article that SportsNet returns as Canada's provider for NTT IndyCar Series races. Their SNNOW+ streaming series in addition to TV has races and qualifying to stream. There's one section of the article announcing it that is awkwardly worded. It says no St. Pete due to scheduling issues on TV but does that mean SNNOW+ which is $27.99 monthly will have it? I don't want to shell out for it especially if after St. Pete everything I need is on regular TV. If anyone has the answer to that question please post.

Originally posted by Jonewfan View Post
    No doubt you have seen the article that SportsNet returns as Canada's provider for NTT IndyCar Series races. Their SNNOW+ streaming series in addition to TV has races and qualifying to stream. There's one section of the article announcing it that is awkwardly worded. It says no St. Pete due to scheduling issues on TV but does that mean SNNOW+ which is $27.99 monthly will have it? I don't want to shell out for it especially if after St. Pete everything I need is on regular TV. If anyone has the answer to that question please post.
    I can't answer your question. I just know that Canadian Indycar fans are absolutely killing Indycar for this deal. See the comments from the twitter announcement. Most are absolutely furious over the cost

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1103347437912145920
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Comment

Rogers is a scam

Comment

Originally posted by Jonewfan View Post
        If you have a subscription through any major television provider in Canada, you can likely log in using your online credentials. Sportsnet Now is included with those subscriptions in most cases.

I snagged my parents Bell log in info and now have access to Sportsnet Now for streaming.
        The Other Side IRL Blog

June 4th "Scheckter to Quit Racing, Become Monavie Salesman"
        Bookmark us.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyZ1 View Post
          I can't answer your question. I just know that Canadian Indycar fans are absolutely killing Indycar for this deal. See the comments from the twitter announcement. Most are absolutely furious over the cost

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1103347437912145920
          Welcome to what one gets when everyone clamors for streaming and a la Carte programing.

Comment

Good way to kick start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherSide View Post
              If you have a subscription through any major television provider in Canada, you can likely log in using your online credentials. Sportsnet Now is included with those subscriptions in most cases.

I snagged my parents Bell log in info and now have access to Sportsnet Now for streaming.
              But that doesn't get you IndyCar. You need SN Now + for that $29 a month for that. ( or Sportsnet World which you probably don;t have for $15 a month, for races but no practice, etc and no St.Pete race this near)

Comment

Originally posted by crunch View Post
                But that doesn't get you IndyCar. You need SN Now + for that $29 a month for that. ( or Sportsnet World which you probably don;t have for $15 a month, for races but no practice, etc and no St.Pete race this near)
                It's $20.00 extra on top of your package on Rogers Ignite TV per month just to get SportsNet World. From what I can see doesn't have much else in content or broadcasts because the main 4 channels get all the live stuff. I have read that Rogers didn't want the whole season back in February but obviously they ended up with this. I don't much like it either because I'm now fighting with parents who don't want an extra expense on the bill. It's already $1000 they're taking us for Premier, Internet, Phone and cellular so I don't blame them. I may just have to only read about the 8 races. We still get NBC but not until May. All Rogers, TSN etc. give a darn about is the 500. If there was no Indy 500 on offer you can bet there would be no offer as bad as this one is for races they don't really want.

Comment

I feel very sorry for fans here in Canada. SNWorld is just not the right channel to grow the sport and the fact I have to pay $20/month for March/April to see Indycar is just wrong. At this point I'd rather Indycar made the deal with DAZN. Will miss the first 4 races and first race I will be able to watch is Indy GP since it's on NBC.

Comment

I am very disappointed with the very poor TV coverage this year. The lack of TV coverage in Canada will not help the Toronto race and up and coming Canadian drivers. Its hard to get sponsors if you are not on TV and I am sure Suncor who is one of Hinch's sponsors are not very happy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw_williams_13 View Post
                      I feel very sorry for fans here in Canada. SNWorld is just not the right channel to grow the sport and the fact I have to pay $20/month for March/April to see Indycar is just wrong. At this point I'd rather Indycar made the deal with DAZN. Will miss the first 4 races and first race I will be able to watch is Indy GP since it's on NBC.
                      DAZN is significalntly less expensive than the Sportsnet package, it's $150 per year or $19.95 so I agree I would prefer it. DAZN in Canada has a great Soccer selection and a decent selection of other sports. Some NFL and MLB content, some college sports, international basketball, and some randoms like Snooker an Darts

Comment

Originally posted by senorsoupe View Post
                        DAZN is significalntly less expensive than the Sportsnet package, it's $150 per year or $19.95 so I agree I would prefer it. DAZN in Canada has a great Soccer selection and a decent selection of other sports. Some NFL and MLB content, some college sports, international basketball, and some randoms like Snooker an Darts
                        Just sold my soul to Rogers. It's not like I had one to begin with. Principle would dictate not to get the PPV channels from SportsNet but love for a sport.... It was $20.00 a month extra because we had the Ignite TV Premier to begin with. I can totally see people p--- off if they can't afford primium cable that you need to even get this. Not everyone is savvy with computers for VPN either. I have heard that NBC is very agressive about thwarting VPN and that illegal methods may not work. If you can't do cable try the SNNOW+ streaming SportsNet is doing where you can view IndyCar for $27.99 with the plus symbol package. No cable subscribtion required for that plus you get every game or sports program that is broadcast on cable. This may be good for Bell Fibe users who don't get an option because SportsNet World isn't even available.

Comment

Fail
                          @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
                          237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
                            Welcome to what one gets when everyone clamors for streaming and a la Carte programing.
                            I'M TIRED OF PAYING FOR CHANNELS I DON'T WATCH!!?!

Or something like that. Never mind that most cord cutters are probably paying more for their a la carte programming than they were for their cable package, once you figure in services like NetFlix or Hulu.
                            “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm not paying $20 a month extra to get 8 races. Will just pirate or skip them altogether.

But this deal ought to kill off IndyCar in Canada once and for all.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X