Rapid Response Film Premiere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Response Film Premiere

We are going to be bringing the world premiere of our new documentary Rapid Response to Indianapolis in a few months. This is going to be a red carpet premiere event at the Indiana State Museum IMAX.

We are currently looking for any Indianapolis based (or anyone planning to be in Indianapolis for the Indy 500 in May) social media influencers, vloggers, bloggers, who have big followings on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc who would be interested in VIP access, attending the film premiere and vlogging, blogging, photographing and otherwise using social media to discuss the premiere leading up to and after the event.
    I figured I would start here looking for names that we on the coast might not know who have local cache either to Indy, the state, or the midwestern region.
    If you know of a name I should look up feel free to post it and if you want to be considered yourself, direct message me and let’s talk.
    Space will be limited so be warned we won’t be able to include everyone, but don’t be shy, if we can’t include you here, or demand is so large, we include a second screening!

Thanks folks!

Looking forward to the Doc, wish I could be there!
    The artist formally known as 00steven/Little Dingo

Comment

Originally posted by 00stevenm View Post
      Looking forward to the Doc, wish I could be there!
      thanks! Send me an email with your contact info, since you’re the first to reply I’ll make that happen if you can make the trip from Michigan.

[email protected]

Comment

Is this Rapid Response documentary based on Dr. Steve Olvey's book?

Comment

Originally posted by AMileAWayProd View Post
          We are going to be bringing the world premiere of our new documentary Rapid Response to Indianapolis in a few months. This is going to be a red carpet premiere event at the Indiana State Museum IMAX.

We are currently looking for any Indianapolis based (or anyone planning to be in Indianapolis for the Indy 500 in May) social media influencers, vloggers, bloggers, who have big followings on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc who would be interested in VIP access, attending the film premiere and vlogging, blogging, photographing and otherwise using social media to discuss the premiere leading up to and after the event.
          I figured I would start here looking for names that we on the coast might not know who have local cache either to Indy, the state, or the midwestern region.
          If you know of a name I should look up feel free to post it and if you want to be considered yourself, direct message me and let’s talk.
          Space will be limited so be warned we won’t be able to include everyone, but don’t be shy, if we can’t include you here, or demand is so large, we include a second screening!

Thanks folks!
          I love your social-media based approach to marketing this. I think you could teach IndyCar a thing or two about marketing in the 21st century!
          I wish you guys nothing but the best of success!

Comment

Originally posted by bumpstop View Post
            Is this Rapid Response documentary based on Dr. Steve Olvey's book?
            that is correct. In fact we were instrumental in getting a new edition of the book with an additional chapter and afterward by Dario Franchitti done. The new hardcover edition will be released in May in the UK and USA and the movie poster illustration will be the new book cover. The movie Poster is designed by James Gibson who did the Carlin Indycar posters last year, amongst many other great motorsports works.

http://www.jamesgibsonphotography.co...dycar-posters/

Comment

Originally posted by pfc_m_drake View Post
              I love your social-media based approach to marketing this. I think you could teach IndyCar a thing or two about marketing in the 21st century!
              I wish you guys nothing but the best of success!
              Thanks, we just want to go directly to the audience. We also want to bring people who will enjoy and help expand the audience not just of the film but of Indycar! We believe that Indycar racing has a much broader appeal than the size of its current audience and we hope that our film helps make people understand the drama of open wheel racing, and how much science and technology was influenced by the sport we love. Besides, when you have interviews with Stephen Olvey, Terry Trammell, Steve Edwards, Mario Andretti, Parnelli Jones, Rick Mears, Bobby Unser, Al Unser, Tony Kanaan, Helio Castroneves, all telling first hand accounts of actual events that occured on the race track, it really puts a lot into perspective. The film is a really nice companion piece to the book, and so far the people who have seen it and have no knowledge of Indycar racing have been the most enthusiastic about it.

Comment

that is correct. In fact we were instrumental in getting a new edition of the book with an additional chapter and afterward by Dario Franchitti done. The new hardcover edition will be released in May in the UK and USA and the movie poster illustration will be the new book cover. The movie Poster is designed by James Gibson who did the Carlin Indycar posters last year, amongst many other great motorsports works.

http://www.jamesgibsonphotography.co...dycar-posters/
                In that case, I look forward to seeing this. The book was fantastic (and eye-opening).

Wish you guys a great deal of success!

Comment

PM on it's way.

Comment

I would love to help but my dog has more followers on Instagram than I do.
                    http://www.honorflight.org/

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the film.

The first person this made me think of is David Land, who is an avid Indycar fan and has quite a following on YouTube and Twitter.

Comment

Thanks, we just want to go directly to the audience. We also want to bring people who will enjoy and help expand the audience not just of the film but of Indycar! We believe that Indycar racing has a much broader appeal than the size of its current audience and we hope that our film helps make people understand the drama of open wheel racing, and how much science and technology was influenced by the sport we love. Besides, when you have interviews with Stephen Olvey, Terry Trammell, Steve Edwards, Mario Andretti, Parnelli Jones, Rick Mears, Bobby Unser, Al Unser, Tony Kanaan, Helio Castroneves, all telling first hand accounts of actual events that occured on the race track, it really puts a lot into perspective. The film is a really nice companion piece to the book, and so far the people who have seen it and have no knowledge of Indycar racing have been the most enthusiastic about it.
                        You might try reaching out to Scotty Cranmer. He's an 8-time X-Games Champion for BMX and has a huge following on his YouTube Channel.

The 'angle' would be the following:

Scotty had a serious accident while filming a commercial 3 years ago where he broke his neck and had to learn to walk again.
                        If you could get Robert Wickens onboard also, the similarity between Robert and Scotty's situations with the tie-in to 'Rapid Response' would make an excellent promotional package.

Additionally, Scotty and his cohorts dabble in the tuner car/drifting market, so there's a high-performance vehicle aspect as well.

Again - I really think you're on it and I hope it comes together for you!!!

Comment

I really appreciate all the feedback from everyone! Today was slammed but I’ll respond to all the PM’s as soon as possible. And I can’t wait for you all to get a chance to see the film in theatres.

Comment

Where else might the rest of us be able to eventually see this?

I of course have read the book
                            "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                            "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                            "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Stick500 View Post
                              Where else might the rest of us be able to eventually see this?

I of course have read the book
                              We are working on plans for a limited North American theatrical first followed by the usual secondary releases (streaming, blu-ray, itunes, tv). Look for the film this summer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X